Installing Avatar items on a JTAG'd box

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by ZombiePosessor, Aug 14, 2010.

Aug 14, 2010
  1. ZombiePosessor
    OP

Member ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Since my profile has never been on Live, I don't have a Live UID. Can I still use Avatar items such as clothes, props, etc? All the guides I've found online are so damned confusing. This guide seems ok, but I have no idea how to get my profile information like it says. Has anyone with a JTAG'd box successfully installed Avatar stuff? Or since I have no XUID, can I not use these 600+ avatar items I have?

2. ZombiePosessor
    OP

Member ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I found a way to do this if you don't have an XUID. You can hex edit your own value into your profile, if anyone is interested, I'll post a tutorial on it.

3. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    If you could share that'd be great, I just assumed it wasn't doable...in the same shoes as you that my account has never been on live....just content on emus and games off the sata drive for now.

4. JohnLoco

Member JohnLoco GBAtemp Regular

Yugoslavia
  5. Gagarin

Member Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I just found that subject and I have the same problem.
    Please post a tutorial.

6. Serina

Newcomer Serina Advanced Member

United States
    I'm sorry to be an idiot - but what exactly do you get out of JTAGing an xbox?

7. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    First MS blocked the JTAG hack in August of 2009 so chances are you can not do it to your 360. If you should buy one though the short version is it blows your 360 wide open.

It allows you to run your own code on the 360 (although there is not that much- certainly not as much as the original xbox and not even up there with the wii) but in addition to this people made hacked versions of the dashboards allowing you to run hacked games, ignore ping limit patches (system link over the internet- you can even host on a stock machine), hack the original xbox emulator (attempt to run your xbox code of your choosing regardless of whether it is signed or not), remap controller buttons, run XBLA and DLC, install games to the hard drive (extracted or as a GOD install), run things from plain USB (no need to "format" a USB drive for it), install whatever size hard drive you want, access 360 hard drives via FTP and probably a bunch more I am forgetting but those cover the main things you can do.
    You still need to flash the DVD drive if you want to run copied discs (although with a JTAG machine it will spit the numbers at you or you can figure them out which is the hardest part of DVD flashing on the 360) and you lose the ability to play over xbox live but that is about it.