Hacking Installing a CFW on an O3DS by using an already CFW 3DS?

Elephantiono

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an O3DS with the newest version of Luma3ds installed and I was wondering if I could use it to install a CFW on my little brother's O3DS instead of using steelhax.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

P.S. The reason I'm not going ahead to install steelhax on my brother's 3DS is because of limited storage space.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you? Yes. Should you? Absolutely not. Doing the old systransfer method would result in you being required to use your brother's 3DS for a week and him losing every digital game & save he has.
If you have any spare SD card, you can always temporarily use it for installing cfw & switch back to the original card when you're done. Alternately, if you're in the US you can just use Fredminer, which is free & doesn't need much space on the SD card. If you're in Europe, then you can spend the $2 and do the old original seedminer method.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
P.S. The reason I'm not going ahead to install steelhax on my brother's 3DS is because of limited storage space.
For starters, SD cards are dirt cheap nowadays and it is trivial to swap out a smaller card for a larger card. (If you're that short on space, what is even the point of installing CFW if you won't have room to do anything?)

Secondly, Steel Diver: Sub Wars is not a large game, and once you have CFW installed you don't even need to keep it around anymore.

And thirdly, if you use Fredminer, you don't even need Steel Diver: Sub Wars; all you need is a very tiny DSiware game from the eShop.

I have an O3DS with the newest version of Luma3ds installed and I was wondering if I could use it to install a CFW on my little brother's O3DS instead of using steelhax.
You can use Seedstarter on your already-hacked 3DS to dump the lfcs of your little brother's O3DS (instead of adding some other 3DS to the Friend list), but that doesn't really save you much trouble.

You can also use your O3DS to install oot3dhax or stickerhax to an OoT3D or Sticker Star cartridge, but that generally doesn't work very well, and like I mentioned, if you use Fredminer, there's no need for any *hax.

Last edited by Kwyjor,
Reactions: SCOTT0852

Elephantiono

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you? Yes. Should you? Absolutely not. Doing the old systransfer method would result in you being required to use your brother's 3DS for a week and him losing every digital game & save he has.
If you have any spare SD card, you can always temporarily use it for installing cfw & switch back to the original card when you're done. Alternately, if you're in the US you can just use Fredminer, which is free & doesn't need much space on the SD card. If you're in Europe, then you can spend the $2 and do the old original seedminer method.
For starters, SD cards are dirt cheap nowadays and it is trivial to swap out a smaller card for a larger card. (If you're that short on space, what is even the point of installing CFW if you won't have room to do anything?)

Secondly, Steel Diver: Sub Wars is not a large game, and once you have CFW installed you don't even need to keep it around anymore.

And thirdly, if you use Fredminer, you don't even need Steel Diver: Sub Wars; all you need is a very tiny DSiware game from the eShop.

You can use Seedstarter on your already-hacked 3DS to dump the lfcs of your little brother's O3DS (instead of adding some other 3DS to the Friend list), but that doesn't really save you much trouble.

You can also use your O3DS to install oot3dhax or stickerhax to an OoT3D or Sticker Star cartridge, but that generally doesn't work very well, and like I mentioned, if you use Fredminer, there's no need for any *hax.
Thanks guys for the help, I'll try Fredminer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill