Installin bootmii and a sdhc-card

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jelmew, Feb 16, 2010.

Feb 16, 2010
  1. jelmew
    OP

Member jelmew GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Hi there,

Quick question for you all. Yesterday I tried to install hbc and bootmii using the latest bannerbomb and hackmii package. (I'm on 4.2 btw). Installing hbc went flawless, furthermore, it indicated I had a vulnerable boot 1. But upon trying to install bootmii as boot2, it gave an error (with no consequences for the functioning of my wii luckily). I'm using a kingstone 4gb sdhc-card. Could the sdhc be the problem or is it something else I missed.

Jelmew

2. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    What was the error? When bootmii was first released, I had an error in the installation - but it still worked.

There are card incompatibilities sometimes - try a normal SD if you have one.

3. jelmew
    OP

Member jelmew GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    It was the latest package. It gave an (-1) error for bootmii, no errors for hbc whatsoever.

Edit: It was definitely the sd-card. Non sdhc 2gig works just fine.

4. donowprod

Newcomer donowprod Advanced Member

United States
    The Newer version of bootmii did not work with my transcend 8gb sdhc memory card either. I realized this when making a nand backup, it didnt work and only saw my card as 2gb (I think as it was a long while ago). I just reinstalled bootmii version 2 and it worked flawless with my 8gb card. If having problems with a specific card you might also want to try older versions of bootmii which offer different levels of sdhc compatibility.