Hacking Installer app?

Chris230291

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. I have been using utickdownloadhelper and it seems to work great. Just wondering if there is any homebrew that allows you to loose the need for a PC and lets you search, download and install on the Wii U, all-in-one?

If not, seems like a good idea assuming it's possible? These SD card transfer speeds are really slow for me, and I have a good card.

Chris

EDIT: While I'm here, is it possible to use a program like utick to download a non-native region game and patch it to my region? I do not have CFW.

Last edited by Chris230291,
D

Deleted User

To play out-of-region games, you need CFW.
Talking about downloading on Wii U... "550kb/s". Yeah, it's not worth it.
Use Wii U USB Helper to automate everything. [It has a Copy to SD feature and a nice gui, also support for 3DS games]

D

Deleted User

So there is no way to patch the region of a game before you install it?
why only 550kb/s?
There is but eh, it requires to tweak Wii U system file in order to work. [Screwing one value will result in semi-brick] So you can install it, but you need to launch CFW if you want to play it.
Wii U hardware limitations, that's the only reason why we don't want "freeshop U". You can download everything in 5secs if you're using PC.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So there is no way to patch the region of a game before you install it?
why only 550kb/s?
CFW is already region free. If you really want region free without the use of CFW, there's regionhax: https://gbatemp.net/threads/regionhax-how-to-get-regionfree-on-wiiu.448468/
550kb/s sounds a little pessimistic, but it's going to take a while to download a 10+ GB game (sometimes over 20GB) game with the Wii U's slow wifi. Someone apparently developed an app that does the same sort of thing as FreeShop on 3DS but they deemed it too slow to be useful and therefore didn't release it.

Chris230291

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh OK thanks for your replies :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

CFW is already region free. If you really want region free without the use of CFW, there's regionhax: https://gbatemp.net/threads/regionhax-how-to-get-regionfree-on-wiiu.448468/
550kb/s sounds a little pessimistic, but it's going to take a while to download a 10+ GB game (sometimes over 20GB) game with the Wii U's slow wifi. Someone apparently developed an app that does the same sort of thing as FreeShop on 3DS but they deemed it too slow to be useful and therefore didn't release it.

I don't see why they wouldn't release it if they went to the trouble of making it. If it's slow then it's slow. I'd still rather leave the WiiU on over night than waiting 8 hours for my PC to transfer the files to my SD card

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I don't see why they wouldn't release it if they went to the trouble of making it. If it's slow then it's slow. I'd still rather leave the WiiU on over night than waiting 8 hours for my PC to transfer the files to my SD card
I thought the same thing, but I guess it's not really in a state that's ready for release and they didn't bother to work on it anymore after realizing how slow it was. They could have just open sourced it and let someone else work on finishing it but oh well. Even something basic like CIAngel that just lets you search for titles would be nice.

D

Deleted User

Wii U disconnects fron Wi-Fi after long usage so downloading anything would become a challenge... [Atleast in my case, I was playing it for 7h and it would just randomly drop connection till i rebooted it]

Last edited by , , Reason: Thanks chrome for crashing for no reason!

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

If it's taking 8 hours to transfer to the sd card you either have a cheap pc or a slow sd card or a broken sd card slot I can transfer 64gbs to the sd card in under an hour.

Chris230291

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ye that comment @Marko76 made gave me an idea. I tried using the SD slot on my macbook and the transfer speeds are ridiculously faster. Guess I need a new reader/writer. Any recommendations?

Reactions: AmandaRose

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U disconnects fron Wi-Fi after long usage so downloading anything would become a challenge... [Atleast in my case, I was playing it for 7h and it would just randomly drop connection till i rebooted it]
I downloaded a 10GB eShop game once to see what it did. The console never complained as I used it normally, including powering down when I was done and all that. Then one day I had the game.

So we'd need a smart, persistent background app like Nintendo uses. And we'd have to not care about playing the game before the Switch360® comes out.

DontShootUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to revive this post, but would the USB LAN adapters be faster and more reliable than wifi? If so it could possibly make this feasible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded