Hacking Installed WUP titles are crashing the Wii U

bambou1991

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone kind enough to read this thread.

I went through the hacking guide at wiiuhacksguide with the Haxchi method and got to installing games downloaded from usbHelper and JNUSToolGUImod with WUP Installer GX2 to an external hard drive that already had some games on it. Those games (Bayonetta 1, Monster Hunter 3U I tried) are working flawlessly.

Of all the games I have tried, here are the results.
Xenoblade Chronicles X is the one I spent the most time with. At first, I started a new game and everything went fine except that in certain cutscenes, there was no voiceover and some text passed too quickly to read. I tried to download the game and install it again, then the game would be stuck in perpetual reboot after getting to the main menu. After another reinstall, it didn't even get to the main menu, only stayed on a loading bar forever. Reinstall, THEN, my saved game would freeze the system at halfway load and, get this, in a new game, in the character creation, the only visible model was the head. The entire body was absent, male or female and when I finished, it crashed. I tried downloading the WUP with USBHelper and JNUSToolGUImod.
Yoshi's Woolly World's first stage have no floor and background; the only visible things are the Yoshis and a shyguy and everything else was blue. Shortly after the level starts, the system crashes.
Mario Party 10 is playing fine in mini games but there is no sound in regular party mode.
Wario & Games and Bayonetta 2 are refusing to launch altogether. I reinstalled Bayonetta 2 3 times with no changes; splash screen and freeze.
NintendoLand played fine at first; I completed a round of the Zelda game. The system crashed right as the game of Luigi Mansion started.
Wonderful 101 made a horrible noise when choosing a save file and softlocked halfway through loading the Wonderful Missions menu.
Mario Maker and Kirby Rainbow Curse are playing fine, but maybe they are broken in a way that I don't see.
The last title I tried, Zelda Breath of the Wild was quite a trip. When Link awoke from his bath, everything in the cave was missing except for the sheikah slate pedestal, doors and chests. I was seeing through the mountain. Strangely enough, I got out of the cave and died to a cliff, but I'm sure the game would have crashed eventually.

After all that, I thought I couldn't lose anything asking the fine people at gbatemp for help. I really don't know what the issue is.
Thank you all for your help.

UPDATE : After some more tinkering, most of the titles I installed are working; the only exception is Bayonetta 2 that still hang up after splash. I tried many things at the same time, so I don't really know what did it.
  • Grabbed a fresh copy of WUP Installer GX 2
  • Ran the Mocha app before the installs
  • I read somewhere that errors could happen if you rebooted your console too soon after the install finished. It's not like I pulled the plug the second the process finished, but I let each installs sit for at least 5 minutes.
And that's pretty much it. Still grabbed the titles from USBHelper and installed to the same usb drive. I hope it helps some of you.

Attachments

• IMG_20180814_000320.jpg
    IMG_20180814_000320.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 320
Last edited by bambou1991,

Dannyxcm

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello everyone kind enough to read this thread.

I went through the hacking guide at wiiuhacksguide with the Haxchi method and got to installing games downloaded from usbHelper and JNUSToolGUImod with WUP Installer GX2 to an external hard drive that already had some games on it. Those games (Bayonetta 1, Monster Hunter 3U I tried) are working flawlessly.

Of all the games I have tried, here are the results.
Xenoblade Chronicles X is the one I spent the most time with. At first, I started a new game and everything went fine except that in certain cutscenes, there was no voiceover and some text passed too quickly to read. I tried to download the game and install it again, then the game would be stuck in perpetual reboot after getting to the main menu. After another reinstall, it didn't even get to the main menu, only stayed on a loading bar forever. Reinstall, THEN, my saved game would freeze the system at halfway load and, get this, in a new game, in the character creation, the only visible model was the head. The entire body was absent, male or female and when I finished, it crashed. I tried downloading the WUP with USBHelper and JNUSToolGUImod.
Yoshi's Woolly World's first stage have no floor and background; the only visible things are the Yoshis and a shyguy and everything else was blue. Shortly after the level starts, the system crashes.
Mario Party 10 is playing fine in mini games but there is no sound in regular party mode.
Wario & Games and Bayonetta 2 are refusing to launch altogether. I reinstalled Bayonetta 2 3 times with no changes; splash screen and freeze.
NintendoLand played fine at first; I completed a round of the Zelda game. The system crashed right as the game of Luigi Mansion started.
Wonderful 101 made a horrible noise when choosing a save file and softlocked halfway through loading the Wonderful Missions menu.
Mario Maker and Kirby Rainbow Curse are playing fine, but maybe they are broken in a way that I don't see.
The last title I tried, Zelda Breath of the Wild was quite a trip. When Link awoke from his bath, everything in the cave was missing except for the sheikah slate pedestal, doors and chests. I was seeing through the mountain. Strangely enough, I got out of the cave and died to a cliff, but I'm sure the game would have crashed eventually.

After all that, I thought I couldn't lose anything asking the fine people at gbatemp for help. I really don't know what the issue is.
Thank you all for your help.

Hi ,i have the exact same problem ,i'm using Haxchi on vs 5.5.2 (the DS game method).Games i have on disk work just fine .I tried via UsbHelper to instal to nand(i have a Y cable for external HDD ,but my WiiU doesn't recognize it even with it ,dunno why,beacuse it's a usb 2 HDD - maybe somne can help me with that also) Pikmin 3,Mario Kart 8,and DK tropical freeze ,they all installed succesfully ,i launch them works fine and after about 2-3 minutes my games totaly freeze .Please someone help us :(

Oriordan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I have the same problem with my wiiu 5.5.2 on haxchi, some games work fine like mario kart and mario 3d land, but zelda twilight princess freezes after the creation a a new game file.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm? That's a odd situation.. I've Installed pretty much all games from USB helper just using CBHC & wup installer.. GC/WII injects... But the only game that crashes.. Sometimes is COD Black ops 2 when I play online... & is also one of the few games I didn't get from USB Helper... So I just thought out of all the games this was a bad dump... Hope you figure this out soon....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE