Installed WADs failing to load from the SD card.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by mrdude888, Mar 3, 2010.

1. mrdude888
    OP

Newcomer mrdude888 Newbie

United States
    Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I'm a newbie to Wii modding and my searches for answers have confused me more than anything else.

When I install WADs, they sometimes yield the error "Failed to load" when loaded from an SD card. Any game that does this once will always do this, no matter how many times I delete and reinstall it. Any game I install from a WAD works perfectly if I run it from the Wii system memory, but moving it to the SD card causes certain ones not to work. If I choose 'copy' instead of 'move', the game will run from the SD card as long as I still have a copy of it on the Wii system memory, but if I delete the one on the system memory the one on the SD card fails to work again.

Games that have worked with no problem include Blaster Master, LostWinds 2, and Castlevania The Adventure Rebirth.

Games that give me this problem to matter how many times I re-install them include LostWinds 1, Lit, Onslaught, and Sin and Punishment.

Additionally, any game that I actually buy from Wii Shop works fine. The ones that I listed above that work were all loaded from WADs, however.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? It almost seems like the later games are the ones that are working while earlier ones don't, but I don't want to meticulously check and compare the release dates of everything if it's already known that there is/isn't some issue with this and I can just ask you guys. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    for some reason you have to patch your system ios for it to load wad vc from the sd card

3. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Your System Menu IOS needs to be trucha patched. Do this with DOP-IOS MOD; patch IOS60 for 4.0/4.1 and IOS70 for 4.2

4. mrdude888
    OP

Newcomer mrdude888 Newbie

United States
    Thanks, IOS70 did the trick!