Hacking Installed WAD now Wii Remotes dont work!

SomeGuy2009

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK in midst of playing with all these usb loaders and such I decided to take the UltimateV7(v1.4).dol and inserting/replacing it from another WAD by use of "WAD Channels Updater.exe" allthough the channel updater said it completed ok when I reboot my wii my Wii Remotes never register. I have Preloader .29 installed the wii doesnt apear to be bricked as it boots up to System Menu and or Preloader .29 (if I hold reset button). I even tried to sync them up by hitting the red sync button on the remote and the front of the wii but no luck.

Can someone please help me out here. Im freaking out.....
frown.gif

Many thanks,

SomeGuy

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First stop is to check if your sensor bar is still working (I have seen a few die lately, several dead LEDs for what it is worth and as they are in series you get the Christmas tree lights effect). You can not see IR but your camera probably can (mobile phones are good for this).

If they are dead then you need another IR source, most people use candles here until they get another sensor bar.

If the bar still works then batteries become the next culprit, try replacing them.

SomeGuy2009

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tips. I will check those. I sure hope my sensor bar didnt die (the whole Wii is less then 3 months old) The batteries are all good that much I know. But I will keep trying.

Thanks,

Any other ideas?

SomeGuy2009

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I just checked the IR LEDs with my cell phone video camera and I do see 5 LEDs on the left and 5 LEDs on the right. Is that how many I should have?

I have a bad feeling.... this isnt looking good......

frown.gif
My wife is going to kill me and my kids will be pissed.
frown.gif

SomeGuy2009

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. I Tried my GC remote and it works in Preloader but not System Menu. I can get to Home Brew Channel and browse around in there but what does this mean. My batterys are rechargable and they where pretty full right before this all happened.

So what next.

from reading other posts Im thinking of putting 2 and 2 together and maybe trying to install AnyTitleDeleter or whatever its called and removing that channel I just installed. Amy I on the right track?

smile.gif

I see a light at the end of the tunnel maybe?

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
don't mess with anytitledeleter yet.
Something like this happened to me, in fact the exact same thing happened couple months ago, I installed some WAD and the wiimote stopped working, buttons and evrything. I turned the Wii off, unplugged it and took the batteries out of the controller(I always do when not playing anyway) waited 5-10 minutes, plugged it all back in, used the wiimore to turn the wii on and it worked great.

There's something about the Wii, dunno what but when it messes up it needs to be left unplugged no power no nothing for a while and that sometimes fixes it. I've had my wii refuse to power on and this fixed it before.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Shinigami Kiba said:
Something like this happened to me, in fact the exact same thing happened couple months ago, I installed some WAD and the wiimote stopped working, buttons and evrything. I turned the Wii off, unplugged it and took the batteries out of the controller(I always do when not playing anyway) waited 5-10 minutes, plugged it all back in, used the wiimore to turn the wii on and it worked great.

There's something about the Wii, dunno what but when it messes up it needs to be left unplugged no power no nothing for a while and that sometimes fixes it. I've had my wii refuse to power on and this fixed it before.

I can confrims this has happened to others too, and turning power off FULLY for up to (or over) 30 minutes resolves this.

I really hope you get this sorted as you mentioned kids being upset.

SomeGuy2009

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami Kiba said:

Yes. Thank you so much. I had turned it off and unplugged it and that resolved things. Thanks a ton I thought I was hosed for sure. Thanks again.

SomeGuy

earthworm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup something similar to be happened as well.......wife unplugged my wii accidently while powered on. It then refused to turn back on multiple times.....freaked out a little, then left it for 10-15 min and presto, it turned on
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte