Hacking Installed SoftMii and now all I get now is the preloader menu!&#33

philmycrevis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi can any body help???

I recently updated my Wii with the SoftMii method and it was working fine. Today I switched my Wii on and all I get is the preloader v0.26 menu which I thought was strange because I hadn't pressed the reset button, anyway I tried to load the system menu and all I get is "Error autobooting systemmenu!". I try to load HBC and get "Error autobooting HBC, maybe title application not installed?".

Dont understand whats happend.

Can anyone offer advice?

Is there anyway to revert back to standard Wii???

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get the systemmenu.wad run homebrew and install the wad it will restore your system menu i did the same thing sorry cant upload file as its tendo copyrighted but goole for your region its on there some where

philmycrevis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok.

Have managed to install HBC now but I am struggling to locate a systemmenu.wad file for a PAL Wii. I have located the NTSC version but am aware this is no good for me. Can anyone confirm the is a PAL version available??? I think I read a post earlier indicating that it may not be available.

And thanks for the assistance so far.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try using the any region changer that came with preloader to install 3.2 system menu from nintendo servers
to do that you need to make a folder on your sd card called apps and in there make a folder named arc the copy paste the file arc512 to the arc folder then rename it boot.dol

philmycrevis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok... and the saga continues!!!

I have tried your suggestions re:

1. Using ARC512 - Freezes on a black screen.

2. Using IOS Downgrader - Fails to initialize network giving ERROR (ret = -116).

3. Installing systemmenu.wad - I am normally pretty good at googling things but I must be having a brain fart with this one as I am googling systemmenu.wad and found plenty of posts on various sites but seem to be missing a download link. What I have found is an iso of wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290-repad.rar which is supposed to have the wad but seems to be a corrupt iso because i am unable to open and extract the wad. Reading further posts it becomes clear that maybe I should be using a program called trucha but reading further on it becomes far from a noobie fix.

Am I in the right ball park, searching the wrong hits or just to stupid and missing whats right in front of me???

Again thanks for the help so far and the help in the future which i am sure I will need.

D

Deleted User

Okay, here's what you have to do.

Get that ISO. Download it, extract it.

Find either Wii Scrubber (That one works for me) or Trucha Signer, download it. put it somewhere.

Find common-key.bin. Put it into the folder that has the Wii scrubber or trucha signer.

Open Wii Scrubber or Trucha Signer, open the ISO, then look around. Should be a wad with system menu phrase on it.

philmycrevis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well thanks to you all for the assistance. I now have a Wii with a system menu. Just need to reinstall everything and hopefully that will be the last from me on this issue.

You have made me 1HappyChappy!!!
biggrin.gif

nickname

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
if your at the preloader menu, can u get to system menu from there? "load systemmenu"?

if so, the settings screen the first option is where to go when the system to booted. does it say preloader? if so change that to systemmenu

"27) Select "autoboot: systemmenu") using the d-pad arrows, and save settings with a, then press b.

28) Select "install/load dol" and install atd512.dol" ...."

straight from the document that comes with the softmii package.

philmycrevis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I now have a working system menu but when I try to play games nothing happens. When I insert an original game it recognises the game but when you go to play it, the game boots to a black screen anf just freezes. Backup discs are not recognised at all.

I have tried to do the softmii install from the begining but as it wont read originals I cant.

Is this Wii a brick now???

lild7hina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the same exact thing happened to me.. idk what to do i tried loading wadmanger.. but all i get is codes and it doesnt work.. anytitle deleter loads but i can't move my cursor
nvm... i jsut found a homebrew channel.dol and i'm now installing it to my wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte