Hacking Installed riiskimod, what next to play backups?

ByronFortescue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there,

I'm relatively new to the scene and here at GBAtemp and I was wondering the following:

I have just installed riiskimod and I guess it works, however, I don't have any backups yet to test it, so my question is as follows:

Do I need to install anything extra besides the mod to play backups? (like GammaLoader or sumthing?) Or is it otherwise advisable to install anything else?

And if so, could you please direct me to the proper install files, I don't mean a direct link or anything, just a nudge in the right direction (I read there are fixes to GammaLoader or something?)

Thanks in advance,

Greetings!

ByronFortescue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DarkLG said:
No riiskii is all you need maybe you should install softmii now though is v3 of riiskii mod.

Thanks for the quick reply..

Can I 'overwrite' the riiski modifications with this or does this automatically happen when I install softmii?

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't know I'm going to do a fresh install by downgrading to 3.2 again which will delete everything.Ask 20Clarky08 he'll tell you if you can just install it over riiskii mod 2.

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to redo everything.

ARC to 3.2
Hacks remover (it should be but im not sure)
cIOSCORP
Preloader + hacks.ini
SoftMii tweak.

ByronFortescue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Puma said:

ARC to 3.2
cIOSCORP
Preloader + hacks.ini
SoftMii tweak.

Cheers,

Is there a reason to do this reinstall, does it increase compatibility with backups or anything else?

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ByronFortescue said:
Puma said:

ARC to 3.2
cIOSCORP
Preloader + hacks.ini
SoftMii tweak.

Cheers,

Is there a reason to do this reinstall, does it increase compatibility with backups or anything else?
I think it does, but I can't say for sure. You'd have to ask Clarky.

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ByronFortescue said:
Puma said:

ARC to 3.2
cIOSCORP
Preloader + hacks.ini
SoftMii tweak.

Cheers,

Not really. This is done by cioscorp and preloader. And there are no changes for it.

ByronFortescue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for all your replies..

A day or 2 ago I updated to softmii.. However, the custom healthscreens, meh, liked the none being there in the riiskimod.. Is there any way to achieve no-healthscreen with softmii? Is this save in the first place? And if else, where can I learn to make a custom healthscreen myself?

I also have a 'bug' sometimes, but none however today (which is a bit weird since I loaded up a lot of stuff) where when I press begin on a channel, the screen stay black and nothing happens, I do a hard reboot and the channel works fine, it seems like there is a 20% chance for this to happen, anyone knows what is going on? cheers!

ByronFortescue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Golfman560 said:
You can find a hacks,ini for Preloader that disables the health screen. As for the second question I'm not sure. Is it always the same channel or just any channel?

Thanks, I hope I can verify if it won't brick my wii...

It's not the same channel, it happens at random to installed channels, doesn't matter if it's the miichannel or a wiiware channel..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk