mrgone

old man
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
after i hacked my n3dsxl, i installed mygames onto the microsd.
now i noticed that the installed metroid returns does not load/see the savegame from the cart.
is the savegame on the cart?
can i transfer it somehow from where it is to be recognized by the installed game?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
1) you posted this thread 3 times
2) that cart if probably a different region then the game you downloaded. If that's not the case you can use a save editor/system settings to back up your save atleast so you don't lose it

Reactions: tw_fan and NoNAND

mrgone

old man
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cartridges store their savegames on the cart itself and dumping the .3ds/.cia does not dump the savegame with it.

Use JKSM or Checkpoint to dump your save from the cartridge and inject it into the digital version.
thanx

sorry for the multi posting

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Make sure to make a backup of your saves with Checkpoint.just in case anything goes wrong in the future.
Yes, cartridges store their saves in the cart not on the SD card or the 3DSs internal memory.
Always use Checkpoint/JKSM.
You could use the save data transfer tool to transfer your saves from physical retail games to the digital ones, but I'm not sure how well that would work with pirated/backup games.

mrgone

old man
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Make sure to make a backup of your saves with Checkpoint.just in case anything goes wrong in the future.
Yes, cartridges store their saves in the cart not on the SD card or the 3DSs internal memory.
Always use Checkpoint/JKSM.
You could use the save data transfer tool to transfer your saves from physical retail games to the digital ones, but I'm not sure how well that would work with pirated/backup games.

worked like a charm in checkpoint.
copied my cart savegames for metroid and shantae to the installed savegame slots.
and the games load the saves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.