Hacking Installed homebrew; how do I install homebrew apps on the wii menu and not the homebrew menu?

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just installed the homebrew channel on my vWii. How do I install homebrew apps onto the Wii menu so I don't have to go to the homebrew launcher?

Last edited by Polarise,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't install them directly to NAND. You can look for something called a "forwarder channel" for specific ones, though. Those channels look for the apps on SD or HDD and launch them from there.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just installed the homebrew channel on my vWii. How do I install homebrew apps onto the Wii menu so I don't have to go to the homebrew launcher?
http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/#32
This will show some fowarders and how to install them.
You can't install them directly to NAND. You can look for something called a "forwarder channel" for specific ones, though. Those channels look for the apps on SD or HDD and launch them from there.
You should mention the they need to find vWii fowarders or the might brick.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It will not launch as the nand booter is different. but it will not brick as long as the animated banner is not bad.
I wonder if we can merge the nand booter for Wii and vWii now that we can detect vWii properly thanks to crediar. it could allow us to make a single channel for both console.

There is a way to install homebrew to NAND, using a full channel. But I don't recommend it.
Instead of using a forwarder program inside the channel (installed on the NAND) which purpose is to load a dol on SD card, you put the real dol (homebrew) inside that channel.
But most homebrew will require an external device (SD or USB) to store settings, or load resources (pictures, music, video, games, ROMs, etc.), so why not also load the dol from it?

Using the forwarder has the advantage of not needed to replace the channel on new homebrew version release.
You only replace the dol on your SD card, and the installed channel will always load it, whatever version you have.
if you use a "full channel" instead of a forwarder, you will have to replace the channel every time you want to launch a different version of your homebrew. It also involve installing a WAD to NAND everytime, which can be dangerous if not done properly.
Installing it once, and using dol on external device is safer.

that was just for complete information, as you asked a way to install to NAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv