Hacking Installed HomeBrew Channel, now how do I...

jbloggs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok I installed the Homebrew Channel using the ISO/DVD method (No TP hack stuff to deal with).

So now I have the Homebrew channel which when I click on it, it quckliy checks for SD card then there is nothing besides a flashing icon on the bottom right corner which I don't know what it is.

Anyway, my question is, do I now have to install Wad Manager or Wad Installer? if so which one? I would prefer the one that resides inside the HB channel rather than create a new channel for it.

I tried just creating a "wad" directory on SD card and putting a wad file in there and inserted the SD into the Wii but HB did not show anything. Yes I have it formatted to FAT (not FAT32).

So basically how do I proceed now?

TIA

woody0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
download the wad MANAGER app, then on the root of your SD card (open your SD card then dont go any further) create a folder named apps then inside there put all the wad manager files inside the apps folder and then it should appear, with each wad you wish to install/uninstall, place it in the wad folder and load up the HB and load up the manager

jbloggs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply, but that didn't work.

I created the /apps/ directory and please wad-manager_v1.elf (which was the only file besides the 2 readmes inside the rar I downloaded) inside the /apps/ dir
I put opera internet channel wad file in /wad/ dir
both /apps/ and /wad/ are in the root of the SD card.

I must be doing something wrong, any ideas what that might be?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: