Installed HBC & PriiLoader Now NSMB Broken

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jobl0, Jun 6, 2011.

Jun 6, 2011
  1. jobl0
    OP

Newcomer jobl0 Newbie

United States
    Can anyone please help me, with a fresh red wii I successfully installed the HBC, went to 4.2u, PriiLoader, etc, I can play games now via USB, but now 1 problem arised: No matter what time of day, after a minute or two with New Super Mario Bros (real game disc) it goes to "An Error Has Occured - ...". [​IMG]
    I did a search and couldn't find a clear solution. Especially in my case - wtf. This error never occurred with my game disc before installing the HBC, etc. UGH! I need to sell my unit and would like to fix this, any help?

2. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    Does it occur at any specific point in the game, or is it random?
    Maybe the disk itself is scratched or something?

3. jobl0
    OP

Newcomer jobl0 Newbie

United States
    Randomly after a minute or so into any level from any game save - with or without a SD card/USB periphs attached to the wii, memory card. it reads:

"an error has occurred. press the eject button, remove the game disc, and turn off the power to the console. please read the wii operations manual for further instructions."

4. mikefor20

Member mikefor20 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you want to fix it to sell it look up revirginizing your wii. That basically will tell you to uninstall a whole range of cios using AnyTitleDeleter then you run the Ninty system update. If the problem lingers after that it may be a hardware issue. This will remove all hacks and will be ready to sell. Look it up.

5. jobl0
    OP

Newcomer jobl0 Newbie

United States
    I tried cleaning the disc with cloth, there's no scratches, after a few minutes of gameplay it still went to the error.
    Thanks, but I couldn't find a simple or detailed guide for revirginizing my wii. 1 I found sounded more complicated than hacking the wii in the 1st place, and another wasn't specific enough for me to have any confidence or know-how to effectively use AnyTitle Deleter (I don't even know what a title is for example or what I would/should be removing) - but anyhow I guess this one's just broken as far as playing NSMB, or is it? - I wonder if a downloaded NSMB copy would work instead via USB for whatever reason. I can't be bothered trying that myself at this time - Does anyone know the source/solution for this problem? Hmm. [​IMG]

6. mikefor20

Member mikefor20 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What do you want to accomplish? Removing all hacks to sell the systole? then use a revirginization guide. Anytitle deleter is easy to use. just make sure you know what you are clicking. there is a nand formatter but Im not sure if its good. I used the completesoftmodguide revirginizer guide and sent my wii in to nintendo for repairs with no issue.

If you want to fix the wii and the hacks use modmii. Redo all your hacks and that will reinstall all the ninty stuff too I think.

What do you want to do?

LOL I just realized you want to play NSMB. Look up a giude,get a clean iso, Try updating your loaders,use an alt. dol. Whatever.. not working with retail disc though Im not sure.

Could be hardware. I say re-hack you wii with modmii. see if it works. May have messed up something while hacking. Otherwise revirginize and sell it.

7. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Actually, NSMBW was one of those games with a wonky antipiracy protection. I can't quite recall the exact details, but it was more complicated than "just" not loading. I think it was freezing at random times, but I'm not sure.

Oh, and the issues were with the backups. Can't think of the retail giving problems, but that depends on the details that I have forgotten (if it randomly checks for the presence of the HBC, it's pretty obvious that it's going to crash, even with the retail game).

I wouldn't suggest getting a clean iso...there are fixed ones out there.

8. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    It's called BCA. Just launch the game with a USB loader instead of from a disc. The USB Loader will auto patch the game for you so you don't have any issues.

9. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    You need to stop suggesting revirginizing. It is a very dangerous process, and it isn't uncommon for people to brick their Wii if they don't know exactly what they are doing (even when following a guide). It used to be possible to "fool" Nintendo with those guides, but not anymore. There is an article about it on hackmii. The only thing that might work is creating a fresh NAND with NUS NANDBuilder by giantpune, but I don't know anyone who has tried.

10. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    I've used his app a few times and it works great. Pune actually did use it on a wii and send it to Nintendo and they never figured anything out.

11. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    I knew the app itself worked, I just didn't know if Nintendo could tell. Thanks for the info.

12. terminal_illness

Member terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    agreed definitly do not try to revirginize. danger hazard.
    and any title deleter is NOT reccomended for anyone who doesnt know much.

this revirg stuff sets off my spidey sense every time. aswell as downgrading.
    if you dont know what you are doing then dont do it. common sense. lol

@OP like deadly foez stated, use a loader that can deal with the BCA on nsmbwii (wiiflow, cfgloader, usbloader etc.)

13. jobl0
    OP

Newcomer jobl0 Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try using a downloaded copy via USB soon. [​IMG]