Installed games no longer showing up

HansMaulwurfXX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry guys to disturb you with such a noob question maybe but where are the game title links stored which are showing up on the home screen? My emuMMC (file based) wasnt booting up anymore and just showed black screen. I backed up the SD Card and formated it to FAT32 as before. I created a new emuMMC (also file based) and restored the backed up date into the new emuMMC.
Goldleaf is able to find the installed data on the SD Card but the game titles are not showing up on home screen - is there a way to restore those "links" without reinstalling the games?

Best regards

Tumbleweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
File based emuMMC is a bad idea... I've just lost a 270 hours BOTW save game this week after finally getting my SD corrupted, I confess I never thought it would happen, but after 400 hours of gaming while I was replaying BOTW I paused the game left in the dock and boom...fatal error occurred when booting CFW...I've formatted the SD now with a partition based emunand and its working fine...but that save game though...gladly I had done pretty much everything and would prolly never revisit the game anyway it hurts when u lost that much progress you've put on a game...

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
File bases EmuMMC works just fine and no prone to corrupt more than raw based ones. you must to verify your SD Card, maybe is getting wasted. always recommended to use FAT32 instead ExFAT, because the ExFAT driver of nintendo is fault and that's where corruption is coming from.

use H2testW to test all the card.

if your games are no showing could be the emulated "nintendo" folder. look into the SD:/emuMMC/emummc.ini file, principally the item
nintendo_path=emuMMC/XX00/Nintendo which indicate the path to the nintendo folder for the emulated MMC.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
File bases EmuMMC works just fine and no prone to corrupt more than raw based ones. you must to verify your SD Card, maybe is getting wasted. always recommended to use FAT32 instead ExFAT, because the ExFAT driver of nintendo is fault and that's where corruption is coming from.

if your games are no showing could be the emulated "nintendo" folder. look into the SD:/emuMMC/emummc.ini file, principally the item
nintendo_path=emuMMC/XX00/Nintendo which indicate the path to the nintendo folder for the emulated MMC.
It's more likely to corrupt because file corruptions on the ExFAT/FAT32 partition could corrupt the emuNAND. It's also a bit slower in r/w. "Works for me" doesn't mean it's not more likely to corrupt.
Sorry guys to disturb you with such a noob question maybe but where are the game title links stored which are showing up on the home screen? My emuMMC (file based) wasnt booting up anymore and just showed black screen. I backed up the SD Card and formated it to FAT32 as before. I created a new emuMMC (also file based) and restored the backed up date into the new emuMMC.
Goldleaf is able to find the installed data on the SD Card but the game titles are not showing up on home screen - is there a way to restore those "links" without reinstalling the games?

Best regards
I think you have to reinstall them. The save data is also lost unless you backed up the emuNAND and you can extract the save data from it, since that is all stored in the NAND.

Tumbleweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

My card was brand new...bought only for CFW used for 400 hours give or take and it got corrupted, it was FAT32 too... so yeah it is more prone to get corrupted I had the same opinion but this week events proofed me wrong...if you're going to start from scratch why the hell make the same mistake again? Just go with partition based and be more safe.

HansMaulwurfXX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for your replies and feedback - unfortunately I wasnt able to fix it eventho the path was correct. I had to reinstall all my games - topic can be closed

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.