Installed games in emunand not keeping organization?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MushGuy, Oct 2, 2015.

1. MushGuy
    OP

MushGuy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    OK, so I finally got Rxtools installed in my old 3DS 9.2, and I installed some of my legally owned games into emunand via FBI. I made a new folder in the system menu, and placed my new games inside it. The thing is that, whenever I enter something that gets me out of emunand (system settings, DS mode, DSi mode, GBA mode) and try to enter emunand again, the installed games are out of the folder, and still packed as recently installed. Does it have something to do with the games installed into SD instead of sysnand? Is there a way I can keep them inside the folder, even if I am outside emunand, or do I have to install them in sysnand, too?

If this is not the right place to ask, I'm sorry. I just got started into this 3DS hacking thing.

2. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
  3. Baccabechoppin

Baccabechoppin GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!

Aug 10, 2015
    Australia
    Magnolia Town
    This is due to having your NANDS linked (if your NANDS are unlinked then I don't know the cause) to fix the issue when you boot into SysNand (Not the rxTools version just regular SysNand) launch System Settings and then just format the console, making sure to remove your SD card beforehand

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    An alternative to unlinking the NANDs is to install the CIA files in both sysNAND and emuNAND. They will share the files on SD and an error will be shown on the second install because the files already exist, but the ticket will be added which prevents it from re-wrapping the gifts.
    I do it this way, as I just don't like the idea of only having my legit stuff on emuNAND, and it would be a pain since i have both GBA VC and DSiWare on there.

5. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Same here :) i do that to, everything keeps oranized and unwrapped and most important, it's stil linked

6. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Doesn't work with themehax though :(

7. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    don't know have to try that still out, run cakecfw or rxTools through themehax, have to wait till i get my O3DS back :)

8. MushGuy
    OP

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    For that, should I open FBI in sysnand or emunand?

9. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Both. Doesn't matter where you install it first, as long as you install it on both.
    The second time it will fail immediately with an error but the ticket will be installed, fixing the unwrapping issue.

10. MushGuy
    OP

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    Oops, it appears that all the titles were deleted when I entered system settings in sysnand when attempting to get out of rxmode (the guide said data management, or maybe it was because of the second install?). I think I'm going to start installing all titles again (fortunately FBI became intact, maybe because it was installed in sysnand?)

Edit: Done. All games now installed in sysnand and emunand. Now to be careful with going to System Settings.

Last edited by MushGuy, Oct 2, 2015
  11. RednaxelaNnamtra

RednaxelaNnamtra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    Alternative to install it every time on both nand, you could manualy sync your nand ticket.db. You could do it for an example with rxtools. You simply need to dump the ticket.db from the nand you have installed something to, and import it to the other nand. I preffer to install games to the sysnand and copy the ticket.db over to the sysnand(this way its a bit saver). Most of the time its much faster than installing it twice.

12. MushGuy
    OP

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    Here's an advice from what I experienced recently: The game must be installed first on emunand, and then on sysnand. I tried installing a game to sysnand first, and when I went to emunand, the game was deleted, and I had to install it again. Fortunately, the ticket from sysnand remained, so I didn't have to make a third install.