Homebrew Question Installed games are showing as 0mb after using FTP

yoshimashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a weird issue with my switch and I tried a few things to fix it but I'm pretty much stumped at this point and I don't know what else to do besides completely starting over- if that's even possible.

My switch is pre-patched on 10.1.0|AMS M.19.3|S and my sd card is fat32.

I was transferring files (I was using a Macbook during this time) via FTP (FileZilla) and I noticed that it kept on "refreshing" the transfer after completion so I stopped it by pressing the home button on my switch and left. I noticed that the games that were installed before this issue has this "cloud" icon and when I tried to run the games, I would get an error saying that I needed to redownload the game. And it's only the ones that are installed on my sd card.

So I got on my windows computer and deleted and installed a fresh and latest version of atmos as well as the latest patch of kip and I still have the same issue.
Someone also gave me this link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-fix-archive-bit-for-all-sd-files-and-folders.515258/ so I tried to fix the archives and it still doesn't work.

I don't know if this would help but I just installed a game on my sd card and it works. But the other games that are on my sd card shows as 0mb on my switch.

The same person that gave me the link above told me that I might've killed my nintendo folder. Is there a way to delete the game files that are on my sd card to remove them from my switch to free up space so that I could reinstall them? Or is my only option to completely start over?

D

Deleted User

Switch settings you can remove the games there. There's also several apps like DBI of Tinfoil that will show all the games and you can delete them one by one or with DBI multiple at a time.

I'm pretty sure if you just reinstall each game it will correct itself. Although it may say it's alreay installed I can't remember.

Last edited by ,

yoshimashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch settings you can remove the games there. There's also several apps like DBI of Tinfoil that will show all the games and you can delete them one by one or with DBI multiple at a time.

I'm pretty sure if you just reinstall each game it will correct itself. Although it may say it's alreay installed I can't remember.

I can't believe I didn't think of doing this... ; u ; reinstalled a game to test it out and it worked. Thank you ; u ;

yoshimashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update:
I can't believe I didn't think of doing this... ; u ; reinstalled a game to test it out and it worked. Thank you ; u ;
UPDATE: So for some reason reinstalling a game takes up space. It's acting as if I'm installing a game that's not installed on the switch. Soo reinstalling all of the games that are already installed won't work for me because I'll run out of space. I even tried deleting a game that's listed as 0.0MB from the system manager on the switch and it didn't free up any space either.

Last edited by yoshimashi,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update:

UPDATE: So for some reason reinstalling a game takes up space. It's acting as if I'm installing a game that's not installed on the switch. Soo reinstalling all of the games that are already installed won't work for me because I'll run out of space. I even tried deleting a game that's listed as 0.0MB from the system manager on the switch and it didn't free up any space either.
Open Data Management on your Switch. Make note of all the games on the SD that aren't 0.0MB. Add them all up. Now on your Windows computer if you right-click the SD:/Nintendo/Content/ folder and go to properties, does the total file size of that folder match the total that you added up earlier or is it bigger?

yoshimashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open Data Management on your Switch. Make note of all the games on the SD that aren't 0.0MB. Add them all up. Now on your Windows computer if you right-click the SD:/Nintendo/Content/ folder and go to properties, does the total file size of that folder match the total that you added up earlier or is it bigger?
Sorry for the late response. I received a message last night and was told that the game files were corrupt and that I needed to backup everything that was in my sd and completely format it and so that's what I did. After reformatting and moving the backed folders back made things worse because I got the error "data on this microsd is corrupted and cannot be used"

I do know that the size of the folder matches the total size of the games that were installed on my sd. And they are the ones that I installed after this issue to see if reinstalling them would work*

Last edited by yoshimashi,

yoshimashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late response. I received a message last night and was told that the game files were corrupt and that I needed to backup everything that was in my sd and completely format it and so that's what I did. After reformatting and moving the backed folders back made things worse because I got the error "data on this microsd is corrupted and cannot be used"

I do know that the size of the folder matches the total size of the games that were installed on my sd. And they are the ones that I installed after this issue to see if reinstalling them would work*

Update: I thought accepting the error message telling me I needed to delete would make it so that I can't use my switch anymore. But I took a chance since I have backups of everything and I no longer see that data error message.

As for the space issue, I now have 366gb of free space (card is 400gb) and the games I reinstalled after the first issue shows up as 0.0mb as well. So idk if that really fixed the problem but now that I have the space back, I could just reinstall everything again. If you have any suggestions regarding this, please throw them my way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board. +1