Hacking Installed cIOS38rev14 onto IOS250

soggyrice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because I didn't get to remove the stubbed IOS249 on my 4.2U system. Am I alright in assuming there's no problem in doing this?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u obviously dont know what ur talkingabout

the cios38 installer USES the IOS of your choice (which must be patched, people usually use IOS36 after using the trucha bug restorer) to install the cios to slot 249, by default it makes a backup of itself to IOS250.

If you run the installer, it will probably error out if you haven't deleted the IOS249 stub (never tried this myself, but since your trying to install rev 14 over rev 30000+ (the stub), it should fail, as you cannot install an older rev without first deleting the newer one)

soggyrice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's exactly what happened during the cIOS38rev14 install. I got an error installing after selecting IOS249. So instead I selected IOS250 according to a guide I read. It installed successfully. Only later did I find out how to remove the IOS249 by using wad manager to uninstall it. I tried to use AnyTitleRemover previously to remove the IOS249 stub, but it was not listed.

In short, how do I undo this mess? lol

soggyrice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hardly think going all the way back is necessary lol but thank you though. I just went back into anytitledeleter took out all the IOS200+ customIOSes. and reinstalled cIOS38rev14.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
soggyrice said:
I hardly think going all the way back is necessary lol but thank you though. I just went back into anytitledeleter took out all the IOS200+ customIOSes. and reinstalled cIOS38rev14.
And you did that using IOS250?

I was trying to say that the day 4.2 came out...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night