Installed cIOS Rev13, now no loader can detect HDD

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lajd, Jun 29, 2009.

Jun 29, 2009
  1. lajd
    OP

Member lajd GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I need help, please.

After installing cIOS rev13a, the three loaders that I use (WIiFlow, Coverfloader and GX) can no longer detect the HDD 90% of the time.
    same with rev13b. I've tried switching USB ports, switching HDD, and flash drive. Nothing works.

Re-installed rev10 and everything starts working fine.

I also tried disabling all preloader hacks, uninstalled/reinstalled cios222/203.

I have bootmii installed as boot2 and a d2ckey.

Please, anyone, help.

2. Dwaalspoor98

Member Dwaalspoor98 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I have exactly the same problem, and I've tried all available options several times, different Harddrives, different ports. Etc. Configurable loader detects my harddrive but crashes when I launch a game (all other loaders which I've tried do this). USBLoaderGX can't detect my harddrive. BTW: I'm on 4.0e (PAL Wii) bough 2 months after release date. cIOS rev 10, 11, 12 work fine. I've been asking on Wanin's IRC channel but still no solution. I'm glad (and sorry for you) to hear somebody else has the same problem.

A solution would be appreciated [​IMG]

3. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Are you using Hermes cIOS v3?

4. lajd
    OP

United States
    did you install the cios via wad or via network?

5. pboga

Newcomer pboga Member

Brazil
    I was having this same problem, but with the latest rev od Usb Gx, my hdd was detected. Maybe try getting the newer versions.

6. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I don't think Hermes V3 and Wanins V13 get along. After installing Wanins rev13 I found mplayerCE would no longer recognise my drive. I had to remove 202, 222 and 223 and then install Hermes V2.

Not sure if this is your issue, but thought it worthwhile to mention. The version of Hermes that is working for me can be found on this site

If the network install is not working you could try and delete the 000000001 directory from the SD card and try again.

Other than that, I could only imagine it has something to do with a compatibility issue between your USB enclosure and the more recent cIOSs

7. lajd
    OP

United States
    thanks, i'll try removing 222/202.

failing that, i might try downgrading then reinstalling 4.0U. would that be desperation already?