Homebrew Installed cias don't show up in the menu, but are listed in the software list

RainFeanaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there,
I recently I downloaded a cias for the DLCs of Fire Emblem Warriors und installed it. The it crashed the game I wanted to delete all DLC Files and Update File and let the game update itself, in hope that would fix everything. Now every cia is gone from the Main Menu but is still listed in the software list. I don't have access to the homebrew channel, but the Luma configure is still there, when I press Select at booting. But when I pressing Start instead nothing happend. Since I'm running 11.6 I'm a bit clueless what to do now. In fact all cias are gone from the main menu besides the one the system come with. Even the game I paid are not listed in the main menu. And I should also note, that I had one DLC File with no name and zero bytes as well as on Update File. I deleted both, since I thought they where garbage files.
A dump as I am, I haven't done a backup and I'm completely clueless what to do know, since I have no access to a second N3DS with Homebrew so I could install everything new.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,
I recently I downloaded a cias for the DLCs of Fire Emblem Warriors und installed it. The it crashed the game I wanted to delete all DLC Files and Update File and let the game update itself, in hope that would fix everything. Now every cia is gone from the Main Menu but is still listed in the software list. I don't have access to the homebrew channel, but the Luma configure is still there, when I press Select at booting. But when I pressing Start instead nothing happend. Since I'm running 11.6 I'm a bit clueless what to do now. In fact all cias are gone from the main menu besides the one the system come with. Even the game I paid are not listed in the main menu. And I should also note, that I had one DLC File with no name and zero bytes as well as on Update File. I deleted both, since I thought they where garbage files.
A dump as I am, I haven't done a backup and I'm completely clueless what to do know, since I have no access to a second N3DS with Homebrew so I could install everything new.
you screwed up your tickets . . . load homebrew via rosilina and run this [Release] tikSweep - Remove Unused Tickets

Reactions: Quantumcat

RainFeanaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
B-But how? FBI isn't available, pressing the start button when booting dosen't do anything and (L) + (Pad Down) + (Select) has no effect either.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're SD likely corrupted. Chances are you've lost everything saves included since you haven't made a backup of any of that content. Long story short you will need to format the card and follow the part of the guide to setup your device for Luma/reinstall all your games and start them all over. Moral of the story. Always make regular backups of jailbroken/hacked devices especially before and after installing something critical.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
load download play
press "L" "select" "down" at the same time . . .
inject homebrew
close the app then open the app
Sounds like a complicated pain in the arse.... I thought you could just set it to load the hbl instead of download play. Is the buttons needed only once? Haven't had a 3SD in a few months now.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: WeedZ

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a complicated pain in the arse.... I thought you could just set it to load the hbl instead of download play. Is the buttons needed only once? Haven't had a 3SD in a few months now.
it needs to be as you can access rosalina from any app/game so you dont want to accidentally do it and you would do it every time you want to use a .3dsx file (i believe it retains until a reboot is triggered)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

B-But how? ... (L) + (Pad Down) + (Select) has no effect
did you open download play first?

RainFeanaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It worked either on booting nor in the app itself. I've come to think it might be something on said SD-Card or the Card itself. With the Card injected I can't access the the Eshop, but without it loaded it smoothly.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not

assume much bro

nothing to do with the problem at hand
Use modified devices much? These all indicate corruption. The tickets have either been broken or the files of the game associated there of. Given the last action before the problem was to delete something from the card and the user is using a cfw that's likely installed to nand the SD card is likely corrupt. If they insert it in a PC it'll tell you right away. Everything they said indicates a memory card corruption and therefore you are wrong. Now if you can prove otherwise please do but I'm telling you right now when it comes to this I'm rarely wrong.

I assume they meant neither

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use modified devices much? These all indicate corruption. The tickets have either been broken or the files of the game associated there of. Given the last action before the problem was to delete something from the card and the user is using a cfw that's likely installed to nand the SD card is likely corrupt. If they insert it in a PC it'll tell you right away. Everything they said indicates a memory card corruption and therefore you are wrong. Now if you can prove otherwise please do but I'm telling you right now when it comes to this I'm rarely wrong.
sorry but the result of your diagnosis would be dsrp encryption errors (and as such crashes and luma crash reports)

its not the memory card thats corrupt but a single ticket

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I tried it at booting the Download Play, which don't worked. Pressing the buttons after opening it has no effect as well.
Press them while opening as in the moment you press a and the splash screen apperas

sorry but the result of your diagnosis would be dsrp encryption errors (and as such crashes and luma crash reports)

its not the memory card thats corrupt but a single ticket
A single corrupt ticket would break licensing for that title only try again

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I tried it at booting the Download Play, which don't worked. Pressing the buttons after opening it has no effect as well.

load download play
press "L" "select" "down" at the same time . . .
inject homebrew
press "B" until you exit the menu
close the download play then open the download play app

incorrect period . . . you will see when the ticket cleaning program works

Last edited by wormdood,

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

incorrect period
Not true. I've experienced a corrupt ticket. It doesn't make all items disappear it only causes the item for the ticket to disappear. I can tell you right now that it's highly unlikely to be a single corrupt ticket. A single corruption will be ignored as if the software was not installed for that device/nand. Try telling me I'm wrong again and I'll gladly throw the wiki at you and produce video proof that one single corrupted ticket will not break the damn game list. The tickets were not modified in any way unless the user attempted to remove it via a homeless app. They didn't say they did so through FBI so the non corrupt ticket wouldn't have been touched. If they did so through FBI it may have corrupted the ticket but why don't you ask them what method they used to attempt to remove the installed item... FBI should have simply deleted it and the system settings wouldn't have touched it so if they used system settings to remove it the only thing modified by the users last action was the SD. In other words it's most likely a ducking SD corruption! Please argue with me further. I'm no noon and certainly not unaware of how this device works.

RainFeanaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Press them while opening as in the moment you press a and the splash screen apperas

Tried that a couple of times, but it always load the normal Download Play.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

incorrect period
Not true. I've experienced a corrupt ticket. It doesn't make all items disappear it only causes the item for the ticket to disappear. I can tell you right now that it's highly unlikely to be a single corrupt ticket. A single corruption will be ignored as if the software was not installed for that device/nand. Try telling me I'm wrong again and I'll gladly throw the wiki at you and produce video proof that one single corrupted ticket will not break the damn game list. The tickets were not modified in any way unless the user attempted to remove it via a homeless app. They didn't say they did so through FBI so the non corrupt ticket wouldn't have been touched. If they did so through FBI it may have corrupted the ticket but why don't you ask them what method they used to attempt to remove the installed item... FBI should have simply deleted it and the system settings wouldn't have touched it so if they used system settings to remove it the only thing modified by the users last action was the SD. In other words it's most likely a ducking SD corruption! Please argue with me further. I'm no noon and certainly not unaware of how this device works.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
. . . you will see when the ticket cleaning program works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple