Hacking installed channels keep rebooting wii

redrumbrg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just installed the homebrew channel and others,using the twilight hack, the channels are in the wii menu but when you use them they reboot the wii . i have searched for an answer but with no luck. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the Homebrew Channel, update to the latest Wii Software, and then try installing the Homebrew Channel again (with the new beta 1 Twilight Hack).

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard of WiiWare games restarting the system with 3.0 software, but not VC games. How did you install the VC games/Homebrew Channel? Both with the Twilight Hack?

redrumbrg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes i used the tp hack to install the channels. i also tried to install the wad installer channel via tp hack but can't use the wad installer channel after installation just like all my other channels . the channels load on the wii menu and i can click start but then they reboot the wii back to the start menu.

redrumbrg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok now these vc channels are wad files off the net would they still work on firmware 3.0U or just on 3.1u or later

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's entirely possible that you're missing IOS files for these channels.

I'd try to download some IOS wads somewhere and install them, or get a game that has a bunch of them (Like Brawl)

You don't need a new System Menu (3.1, 3.2, etc.) but you will need the IOS files. (IOS30, IOS35). Of course, I don't know which ones you'd need necessarily. You could try running the SD Title Lister (No link sorry) to find out what IOS version you have on your Wii... Then post the results here.

redrumbrg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the firmware was the problem . so it seems that vc channels from wads and custom channels will only work on 3.1 or higher. i used the update from mario kart wii in order to fix the problem . thanks for all your help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/