OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

so Im new to switch and just installed CFW 9.1.0 with this guide

and I have so many issues that already thinking about getting back to OFW (((

more or less at the end everything went ok, but after partitioning fat32 and emummc stuff i was left with only 32 gb available form my 64 gb sd card. is there a way to make whole 64gb avalable on CFW?
(in this guide I have formatted sd first as fat32 and then partition emummc and have to options to boot from hekate: CFW and OFW - I really dont need this OFW option at all)

second question is that I have homebrew appstore app but how can I access appstore if going online will get me banned?

and third question is how can I install nsz files ? I was unable to run tinfoil as in manual it said that hekate is not supported and also i was unable to run PC app...is there any alternative to install nsz files

lieder1987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) If you setup an EMMC that 32gigs is that and you cant have it back.
2) Even if you install nsz files they still take up the full game size. They are just containers.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi All,

so Im new to switch and just installed CFW 9.1.0 with this guide

and I have so many issues that already thinking about getting back to OFW (((

more or less at the end everything went ok, but after partitioning fat32 and emummc stuff i was left with only 32 gb available form my 64 gb sd card. is there a way to make whole 64gb avalable on CFW?
(in this guide I have formatted sd first as fat32 and then partition emummc and have to options to boot from hekate: CFW and OFW - I really dont need this OFW option at all)

second question is that I have homebrew appstore app but how can I access appstore if going online will get me banned?

and third question is how can I install nsz files ? I was unable to run tinfoil as in manual it said that hekate is not supported and also i was unable to run PC app...is there any alternative to install nsz files

You can make a smaller emuNAND but there is not much point, as you can install games into NAND (which will make them go into your emuNAND) to make use of that space, only about 3GB is taken up by the OS.
64 GB is not much on the Switch though. Some games are >30GB and once you install the updates and DLC, some games are ~60GB.

dust213dust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so what exactly to do to have cfw and 64gb sd available?
first in tegraexplorer sd is formatted to fat32 and then format for emummc setup, after this when i connect sd to pc i get 1 partition 32gb which i can access and the other which is not accessable.

after this I enter hekate for the first time i enter emummc> create emummc then after process is finished i click change emummc>sd raw1
is there anything i can do or skip in this steps that can make 64 gigs accessable?

dust213dust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thank you for making this clear for me, but could you tell me the propper way to delete emummc?where from?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
thank you for making this clear for me, but could you tell me the propper way to delete emummc?where from?
Just delete emummc folder from sdcard and delete second partition using PC. Then boot to hekate and disable emummc if it's still enabled. If you don't have option to use sysnand CFW in Launch menu, copy fusee-primary.bin to bootloader/payloads in sdcard, boot to hekate, choose "Payloads" and "fusee-primary.bin"

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When formatting the card to use as EmuMMC, you still have 64gb, but only in CFW.
As in 32GB are for the NAND and 32 for the SD.

Meaning that if you are in CFW, and install a game in the NAND partition, it will still install it on the SD card, just in a hidden partition.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you are saying that right now when im in CFW i have 32+64gb storege (just 32 gb isnt visible)?
The hidden patition on the SD, are the 32gb [29gb aproximatly] that you are using for the EmuMMC, whish is the "NAND" on the CFW.

Your Switch on normal mode, will see 32 + 32 [32 From real NAND and 32 from the SD]
Your Switch on CFW mode will see also 32 + 32 [32 From the EmuMMC [Hidden Partition] and 32gb from the SD].

When installing on the NAND of the CFW, that is the 32gb hidden partition.

dust213dust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so heres how you can have full storage available for CFW (if following this guide in the video - not sure about other methods): after injecting tegra explorer format sd to fat32, but skip EMUMMC Setup.
when you boot to hekate skipp all EMUMMC suff and just boot into atmosphere. now you have access to whole storage of SD card.

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so heres how you can have full storage available for CFW (if following this guide in the video - not sure about other methods): after injecting tegra explorer format sd to fat32, but skip EMUMMC Setup.
when you boot to hekate skipp all EMUMMC suff and just boot into atmosphere. now you have access to whole storage of SD card.
yeah that's having cfw on sysnand instead of emunand now. Why are you following guides you don't know what they are about?

dust213dust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I knew what it was doing more or less :).after installing i just realized that i dont need to go online so i was wasting 32 gigs for no reason.

Actually this guide for me is more simple to follow than this https://switch.hacks.guide/ - which most of people use...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"