Homebrew Installed CBHC. Should I uninstall it for Haxchii?

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, so I installed ColdBootHaxchi and I recently heard that it has more brick chances.

I also hear that haxchii allows signature patches too so I could install sysconfig tool on non-rednand. Which I have already.

Should I uninstall CBHC? If so, how do I do it?

Blundermann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CBHC is just a shortcut for Haxchi that starts up at boot. It has a higher brick chance solely because if Haxchi is tampered with, moved, or deleted, you will brick because the shortcut no longer has a destination.
Haxchi, whether or not it starts at boot, will achieve signature patching if you point it to Mocha CFW.

If you want to get rid of coldboot and just use Haxchi, then uninstall CBHC and you're good to go.

Last edited by Blundermann,

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
CBHC is just a shortcut for Haxchi that starts up at boot. It has a higher brick chance solely because if anything happens to Haxchi, you're bricked, because the shortcut no longer has a destination.
Haxchi, whether or not it starts at boot, will achieve signature patching if you point it to Mocha CFW.

If you want to get rid of coldboot and just use Haxchi, then uninstall CBHC and you're good to go.

No. Haxchi achieves sig patxhing itself. No need for mocha. Thats crap. Boot haxchi to sysmenu (pressing b by default) IS sigpatched sys menu.

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CBHC is just a shortcut for Haxchi that starts up at boot. It has a higher brick chance solely because if anything happens to Haxchi, you're bricked, because the shortcut no longer has a destination.

So with haxchi installed, I could install custom homebrew applications without booting into rednand. Such as sysConfig tool.

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad. I didn't know that, thanks.

Yes. I have System Config Tool installed on my SysNAND using CBHC.
Do you have the install files to sysConfigTool or know where I could get them? One more question, does that mean I could use forged tickets to install wii u games?

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
To uninstall CBHC, you just run the installer again and follow the instructions (I believe you press B to uninstall it, but most importantly, read).

If you already have CBHC installed successfully, I don't really see the point in removing it though. Sure, there are lots of things you can do to brick it, but almost all of them are common sense things or stuff that's pointed out to you many times, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. But that's just me.

I wouldn't bother with Mocha though. It's slower and it's mostly pointless, just like redNAND.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No need for mocha.
Install haxchi ( or cbhc if you are to lazy to reboot your wiiu twice )

Both have the same effect.

If you have kids, do NOT install cbhc!
If they they try running the haxchi link after the cbhc install will brick your console into a bootloop.!

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need for mocha.

If they they try running the haxchi link after the cbhc install will brick your console into a bootloop.!
That is not true, running haxchi after installing cbhc will just crash.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need for mocha.

I actually did this the other day by accident. Was moving it into a folder and launched it, it wasn't pretty though. Was able to get back to normal in about 20 minutes. The main problem I had was getting an internet connection. Turns out old connections are not truelly deleted and all six became populated. I haven't used "Starbucks Free Wifi" for my ssid in well over a year but it came back as one of my connections along with a bunch of other crap.

Once I was able to get loadiine.ovh to launch HBL, I just reinstalled CBHC and all has been well since.

My youngest has been using modded Nintendo systems since he was 4 and has yet to screw anything up. He knows better. Me on the other hand..... :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.