Hacking Installed Boot9strap under 10 mins... now needs help moving emunand

Nincompoopdo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had been using Menuhax with Emunand for over a year - I can't even be bothered with A9LH. This morning I read the news that Luma is not supporting any other Hax besides B9S so I thought maybe it's time to do an update.

I just found out how easy and simple it was to update!

When you go to 3ds.guide click 'get started' and follow the instruction. Basically you can skipped everything from the beginning until you reached 'Installing boot9strap' if you're already using menuhax.

Instead of using udsploit, try using Fasthax (download beta 4) it will save you a lot of time and grieve.

In just under a min B9S will be installed. You can remove all the files from the root and just put boot.firm from the Latest Luma release in there. Put Boot.3dxl from Homebrew Launcher in there too if you want to use it.

When Luma starts I configured it to boot emunand by default. And it's done!
----------------

OK, now I am thinking of moving everything in my Emunand to Sysnand, but the problem is I have a 128gb sdcard and over 120gb was used by Emunand. Can I use Godmode9 to move move the data? Do I need to delete the games to make space for the transfer?

(After installing B9S I noticed that when no sdcard is inserted or boot.firm is missing, the 3DS will not power up. The blue LED will light up and fade in a sec. Is this normal?)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK, now I am thinking of moving everything in my Emunand to Sysnand, but the problem is I have a 128gb sdcard and over 120gb was used by Emunand. Can I use Godmode9 to move move the data? Do I need to delete the games to make space for the transfer?

Transferring emunand to sysnand means copying the virtual nand (hidden partition of your SD) to the real internal storage (skipping the kernel partitions); it won't influence the contents of the FAT32 partition, which includes your games saves and homebrews (although you will need to back them up to your PC, repartition your SD, and copy them back to the card to actually remove the emunand as opposed to just stopping to use it)

Nincompoopdo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you skip in finalizing setup "Section VIII - CTRNAND Luma3DS" so just do that step and you can boot without sd card.
follow this to move emunand to sysnand.

Thanks I will try to do that later today, I thought the finalizing setup was meant for a fresh CFW install so I skipped it.

I had read that tutorial on moving Emunand, it wasn't very clear on whether I can use Godmode9 to copy the Emunand to Sysnand when I have very little space left.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Transferring emunand to sysnand means copying the virtual nand (hidden partition of your SD) to the real internal storage (skipping the kernel partitions); it won't influence the contents of the FAT32 partition, which includes your games saves and homebrews (although you will need to back them up to your PC, repartition your SD, and copy them back to the card to actually remove the emunand as opposed to just stopping to use it)

The method here: https://3ds.guide/move-emunand does not require copying to PC or repartitioning?

Last edited by Nincompoopdo,

Nincompoopdo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I get it now! Moving Emunand to Sysnand is basically writing the Nand.bin from Emu to Sys. Then I just have to backup all the files on the SD card to my PC, reformat the SD card and copy back all the files to get rid of the Emunand partition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb