Installed Android on my Switch. Now the time and date in Hekate and the Switch OS are both way wrong

nefariouslegion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I installed Android on my switch and it works well. But I noticed since doing that the time in Hekate and on the Switch OS are both wrong (even when the switch is set to sync to internet). Does anyone know a fix for this? Cause the Switch OS thinks it's the year 2040 lol. I know I can manually set the time in the Switch OS but that isn't exactly a fix. I tried setting an offset in the Nyx settings and that fixed the Hekate time but still didn't fix the switch time.

Hoping someone can help solve this

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I installed Android on my switch and it works well. But I noticed since doing that the time in Hekate and on the Switch OS are both wrong (even when the switch is set to sync to internet). Does anyone know a fix for this? Cause the Switch OS thinks it's the year 2040 lol. I know I can manually set the time in the Switch OS but that isn't exactly a fix. I tried setting an offset in the Nyx settings and that fixed the Hekate time but still didn't fix the switch time.

Might not be much you can do about it except change the time in HOS and then live with the time in Android being wrong (turn off automatic time)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has happened to mine on occasion. I installed QuickNTP (Tesla Menu Overlay) and it gets me synced right back up.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/quickntp-sync-time-using-tesla.561716/post-9001836

image.jpg

e: is your Android system set to your Time Zone or is it UTC?

Reactions: BigOnYa

nefariouslegion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

xldon2lx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Any idea why installing Android would've messed up the time?
Nintendo Switch has a hardware clock built in to it. Now HOS(Horizon OS) & Hekate does not alter the hardware clock when you set it or sync it over the internet. Rather it just applies an offset from the actual Clock time.

Now when you install Android or Linux on Switch it adjusts the hardware clock to the actual time(in UTC) so when you boot to your Nintendo Switch or Hekate again then it breaks the time since it now applies the previously set offset over the correct time now.

Setting the actual time on Android/Linux and resetting the clocks on Hekate & HOS one time should fix the issue permanently.

Reactions: binkinator

nefariouslegion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo Switch has a hardware clock built in to it. Now HOS(Horizon OS) & Hekate does not alter the hardware clock when you set it or sync it over the internet. Rather it just applies an offset from the actual Clock time.

Now when you install Android or Linux on Switch it adjusts the hardware clock to the actual time(in UTC) so when you boot to your Nintendo Switch or Hekate again then it breaks the time since it now applies the previously set offset over the correct time now.

Setting the actual time on Android/Linux and resetting the clocks on Hekate & HOS one time should fix the issue permanently.
So resetting the Hekate time using the offset in the Nyx settings? and for HOS just use QuickNTP as suggested above to fix it? Or how else do you reset the HOS clock?

xldon2lx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So resetting the Hekate time using the offset in the Nyx settings? and for HOS just use QuickNTP as suggested above to fix it? Or how else do you reset the HOS clock?
Yes for Hekate.

The offset parameter is just set in the file sdcard:/bootloader/nyx.ini

It is called timeoff=<offset value here>

As for HOS, using QuickNTP should also fix the issue.

You should also be able to fix it by manually specifying the timezone & time manually and resync it over the internet again.

nefariouslegion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes for Hekate.

The offset parameter is just set in the file sdcard:/bootloader/nyx.ini

It is called timeoff=<offset value here>

As for HOS, using QuickNTP should also fix the issue.

You should also be able to fix it by manually specifying the timezone & time manually and resync it over the internet again.
Just FYI in HOS (prior to using QuickNTP) I did try resetting the time manually and then setting it back to sync over internet but that just caused it to go back to being way wrong.

QuickNTP fixed it though

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What model Switch, by the way? Strange to see a newcomer with a V1 Switch nowadays, and if a new Android for OLED and such got released, I somehow missed it. I only caught the Linux (Ubuntu?) release...

nefariouslegion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What model Switch, by the way? Strange to see a newcomer with a V1 Switch nowadays, and if a new Android for OLED and such got released, I somehow missed it. I only caught the Linux (Ubuntu?) release...
It's a V1. I've had it since just after launch but only recently modded it lol
Post automatically merged:

Is setting the clock via Argon equivalent to using the Nyx setting in Hekate?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: