Installed A9lh but no Health & Safety app on device?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by lem1winks, Jan 5, 2017.

1. lem1winks
    OP

lem1winks Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    [SOLVED]
    Hey everyone!
    I'm kind of new to the 3ds hack scene however i have messed around with older consoles. I was happy to see a working exploit for my 11.2.0.35E Old 3DS XL, so i gave it a shot and followed a guide in order to get a CFW with FBI.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-install-a9lh-without-buying-anything-in-11-2.455588/

I followed the guide above and got to step 27. (ive installed everything and gone through the LUMA3DS config screen, injected health and safety ect.)

However my next step is to open the Health & Safety app however when i turn on my 3ds, the app icon is not there?
    If anyone could shed any light on this that would be great! Thank you

Last edited by lem1winks, Jan 6, 2017
  2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The H&S app icon should be replaced with the FBI one.

3. lem1winks
    OP

lem1winks Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    I dont have a FBI app either. Im confused because i followed each step and it all went well!:wink:

4. C0mm4nd_

C0mm4nd_ Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P

Oct 9, 2016
    Italy
    Don't use it lol, pick the .3dsx version of FBI, enable the latest option in luma config and run FBI from HBC

5. PeterFunny

PeterFunny Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    Gambia, The
    What exactly do you mean by the latest option? I'm kinda new to the homebrew scene, so explain it for a total noob please :D Oh, and where do i have to put the FBI.3dsx file?

6. lem1winks
    OP

lem1winks Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    Thank you, although i do have a few questions. where would i grab the .3dsx version from? and what do you mean by selecting the latest option?

7. PeterFunny

PeterFunny Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    Gambia, The
    I've got mine from from https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases/

lem1winks likes this.
  8. C0mm4nd_

C0mm4nd_ Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P

Oct 9, 2016
    Italy
    Boot in the luma config by holding select and enable the option "Patch SVC/service/archieve/ARM9 access"
    And for the 3ds release https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases/

9. lem1winks
    OP

lem1winks Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    Sorted now guys. I just did a system update and the app appeared. It was the one thing i was staying clear of in case i bricked the device. Thank you for all the help and i finally managed to complete the tutorial! what a great time to own a 3DS!!:rofl2: