installation of usb loader gx

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Alex25, Mar 7, 2011.

Mar 7, 2011

installation of usb loader gx by Alex25 at 12:10 AM (1,435 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Alex25
    OP

Newcomer Alex25 Member

Chile
    Well I'm trying to install usb loader on my already modded nintendo Wii.

I'm using neogamma at the moment but I want to start using an external hard drive. I modded this wii (4.2) a long time ago I can't even remember when so I have no idea what IOS or wad mad are installed.

These are the main folders I have in my SD card

apps
    config
    fceugx
    smsplus
    snes9x
    temp
    installer.log
    LICENSE.txt

2. rahoul102

Member rahoul102 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    If you're trying to install a channel you just need a wad manager to do that with. Search for Wad Manager 1.7 and install it or load it up using homebrew. Make sure that you put the usb loader wad in the WAD folder at the root of the SD card. Open up wad manager and install usb loader.

That should work.

3. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Neogama can use a hard drive hey.

4. Alex25
    OP

Newcomer Alex25 Member

Chile
    I have tried this already but when I click load from hard disk nothing happens and I know the hard drive works because I was using it on another wii with usb loader and it was working fine.

5. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    You may also want to use ModMii (stickied in hacking section) to re-hack your wii just to make sure all your hacks are up to date. Also, I would recommend using the USB loader GX forwarder wad, instead of the full channel. The forwarder will load USB loader GX from the sd card, making the channel smaller, and the USB loader itself easier to update.

Also, if you have problems with wad manager 1.7 try multi-mod manager (I'm to lazy to find the link, but it's easy to find with google)

6. Alex25
    OP

Newcomer Alex25 Member

Chile

ok I will use ModMii , I'm already familiar with that but I don't see an option to install USB loader GX, I want to use this one because I already downloaded all the disc and 3d images.