Hacking Installation of firmware

GXice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey guys, my new EZ Flash V arrived from DX this morning and I'd like to start playing. I've been reading about the process being a bit complicated, and some cases of people bricking their devices. I'd like to avoid this obviously.

I've had an R4 previously, but that was an easy "Format SD, drag-drop firmware, add games" process.

I have here the 1.70 kernel. Do I just do the same thing? Format to FAT32, then add the stuff from the kernel zip?

Thanks in advance!
happy.gif

ozling

Trophies
XP
Country
Just as easy to setup. Format, unpack the firmware, and copy both the firmware and ROMs to the MicroSD

d3bugu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So meaning I just format my SD card, place the firmware kernal into my SD? Do I also need to download MOONSHELL and place it in as well? Or just the official firmware Loader will do

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you downloaded the 1.70 kernel it should have came with the moonshl folder, which has to be on the root of your card as well. You can change the attribute to hidden so it doesn't show up in moonshell upon boot up. If you do not have the moonshll folder on your card you'll get an error indicating this. Make sure when you flash the firmware you flash the ezupldr.bin and not the ez5sys.bin. Some people renamed the ez5sys.bin to the upldr and flashed it to the card using I beleive 1.67 kernel, which was imediately taken off because that person bricked their card, although EzTeam fixed it, he just had to send it back to them on his own cost. However, this should not happen if you follow the 1.70 instructions. Anymore questions could be clarified by going to http://ezflash.sosuke.com, the unofficial english forum for EzFlash products.
smile.gif
Enjoy

mmalone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
123ericn said:
how do you flash it (the software) i dont get what you mean by flashing the software please help

yeah im the same what do you mean by flashing it ??

i thought it was just like r4 etc drag and drop the files then load games ? and if the firmware changed just remove and drag and drop new firmware ??

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
You can directly update your new year edition in kernel 1.70 :
- format your brand new microSD card in FAT or FAT32
- copy only the file ez5upldr.bin in microSD root
- flash it via header menu : Hold R and touch ez5 logo in DS menu. than press again R. When flash process is finished, shutdown your DS.
- copy the rest of the kernel on microSD
- be sure your DS is full power charged
- start your DS and the ez5
- boostrap process will happen so don't turn off your ds.
- that's it.
- if you want you can delete ez5upldr.bin form your microSD, it's not needed anymore

quoted from mbmax here

123ericn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i think my card can be fixed i can still go to the card and press R and the screen comes up so i just need to charge my ds (ps does the nds really have to be fully charged and why?please explain )
yaynds.gif

ph34r.gif

Oh and do you remove the ez5upldr.bin after step 3 or at the end sorry for being a noob

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
123ericn said:
well i think my card can be fixed i can still go to the card and press R and the screen comes up so i just need to charge my ds (ps does the nds really have to be fully charged and why?please explain )
yaynds.gif

To make sure you don't lose power while you're flashing the EZV (potential for bricking). I'm sure you would be safe if you plugged in the AC adapter.
QUOTEOh and do you remove the ez5upldr.bin after step 3 or at the end sorry for being a noob
During step 4

mmalone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
guys, just got mines delivered today as was wondering about this bit in bold!!

Download the latest version of the Loader (kernel zip file)
Unzip content to the root of your MicroSD card.
Insert your MicroSD into your EZ-V
Insert your EZ-V into your DS and turn it on
Touch the health screen warning
In the DS Main Menu, while holding down R, launch the EZ-V
When the EZ-V splash screen appears, press R again to update the Loader
Wait until it finishes updating then press A to continue.
Your Loader is now updated

why do i need to update the loader ?? is this a must as this seems to be the bit where the card can be bricked !!

I have only used r4 before and thats a simple drag and drop, with this being a brand new card does this loader require updated ?

doesnt look to hard to doo but dont want to do this bit unless i really need to and not sure if this is just for updating previous cards / kernels ???

one other thing is it best to stick with firmware 1.70 or the beta 1.72 ??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: