CesiumBullets

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Howdy, I'm a noob in need of help!

So, I just installed A9LH, and everything is working great! Except for the fact that all of my downloaded games are gone...

So, from my past experience of fiddling around with files on the SD card, I'm pretty sure that all downloadable content is stored somewhere in the 'Nintendo 3ds' file, so before installing A9LH, I backed up my entire SD card along with said file in it. After the countless NAND formats and the final installation of A9LH, I plugged my backed up Nintendo 3ds file into the SD card, but my downloadable content didn't show up.

I linked my NNID and re-downloaded one of my games (Pokémon Picross), but my progress was still lost. Any ideas on how I can get this progress back? I reeeeeaaaaallly don't want to have to start those games all over again. I've probably spent 20 on PokéPicross. im a nerd.

I have an Old3ds, the SysNAND firm is 11.0.0-33U with Luma3DS v5.5 and Arm9LoaderHax (obviously).

I'll give a cupcake to anyone who helps! Thanks!

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy, I'm a noob in need of help!

So, I just installed A9LH, and everything is working great! Except for the fact that all of my downloaded games are gone...

So, from my past experience of fiddling around with files on the SD card, I'm pretty sure that all downloadable content is stored somewhere in the 'Nintendo 3ds' file, so before installing A9LH, I backed up my entire SD card along with said file in it. After the countless NAND formats and the final installation of A9LH, I plugged my backed up Nintendo 3ds file into the SD card, but my downloadable content didn't show up.

I linked my NNID and re-downloaded one of my games (Pokémon Picross), but my progress was still lost. Any ideas on how I can get this progress back? I reeeeeaaaaallly don't want to have to start those games all over again. I've probably spent 20 on PokéPicross. im a nerd.

I have an Old3ds, the SysNAND firm is 11.0.0-33U with Luma3DS v5.5 and Arm9LoaderHax (obviously).

I'll give a cupcake to anyone who helps! Thanks!
You have to have a working backup of whatever Nand used that particular section of the Nintendo 3DS folder
it should be emuNAND_original.bin if you followed the guide right

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you were using an emuNAND:
You need to back up your emuNAND using Decrypt9
Flash it back to your sysNAND using Hourglass9
Then back up your SD card and reformat it using emuNAND9
Finally restoring back up to your card.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that didnt work for me. i have that problem too

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i only have emunand.bin (my gw emunand backup)

CesiumBullets

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you were using an emuNAND:
You need to back up your emuNAND using Decrypt9
Flash it back to your sysNAND using Hourglass9
Then back up your SD card and reformat it using emuNAND9
Finally restoring back up to your card.

Okay. So when I try to back up my EmuNAND, it says that my SD card isn't formatted for an EmuNAND. I expected that, because I uninstalled it in the process of installing A9LH.

I have an earlier backup of my EmuNAND named emuNAND_original.bin along with its .sha counterpart. should I flash this file to SysNAND? I ask because my SysNAND now has A9LH, but my EmuNAND didn't have A9LH at the point of its backup. Will this be a problem? I don't even know if that's how A9LH works, but better be safe.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Okay. So when I try to back up my EmuNAND, it says that my SD card isn't formatted for an EmuNAND. I expected that, because I uninstalled it in the process of installing A9LH.

I have an earlier backup of my EmuNAND named emuNAND_original.bin along with its .sha counterpart. should I flash this file to SysNAND? I ask because my SysNAND now has A9LH, but my EmuNAND didn't have A9LH at the point of its backup. Will this be a problem? I don't even know if that's how A9LH works, but better be safe.
Yeah, I think the guide also instructs you to do this at the end. If that doesn't help, try deleting the entire "Nintendo 3DS" folder and copying it over again from the backup, since if there was already a "Nintendo 3DS" folder there when you copied over the backup last time, the files will conflict and your games won't show up. This trick has saved my hide along with several others, it won't work if the problem is something else but it's worth a try.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Restoring the file using hourglass9 will restore without removing your A9LH install.
https://github.com/d0k3/Hourglass9

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well. I just flashed my EmuNAND backup to my SysNAND to no avail. Nothing happened, other than unlinking my NNID. Any other suggestions?
Well, if you deleted the current Nintendo 3DS folder and put back the one with your games, and flashed the backup, and it still didn't work - that means that backup was not the one that was for the games. You need to find the backup you had from when it was working. If you have no other backups, it sounds like you formatted BEFORE making a backup which means you can't use anything in that folder anymore. Sorry!!!

Reactions: CesiumBullets

CesiumBullets

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm positive that this folder was the one with the games on it, but it still won't work. Well I'll still give everyone a telepathic cupcake though. Telepathic pastries are my specialtiy. I had already given Quantumcat a cookie. Enjoy the deep and unrelenting taste of nothingness.

Just maybe I'll learn how to do advanced programming within the next few days and make my own software that will allow me to edit my PokePicross savefile with a GUI so I don't have to replay all those missions. I'm kidding, of course.

Last edited by CesiumBullets,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Two things you should have:

1. A backup of your SD card on when you still have those games.
2. A backup of your EmuNAND you cloned from your sysNAND on when you still have those games. (Should've been the EmuNAND_Original if you followed the guide correctly).

Restore the EmuNAND to your sysNAND using Hourglass then restore the backup of your SD card. It won't work if you only have one of the two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Why am I always late to the party?