Hacking Installation from freeshop failed and is now taking up space on my SD card

Sirence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just tried to install a CIA from freeshop and it failed twice (3ds froze during installation). When I wanted to start it a third time, it gave me an out of space error - the failed installations still seem to be taking up space in my SD card (around 6 GB missing).

I can not find any out of place files or folders on my SD card using FBI, does someone know how to remove these?

I do not have a computer so a way to do it with FBI or some other homebrew would be nice!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sirence,

Sirence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Your SD card might be corrupted or something, leading to the freezing and out of space error (maybe). Try checking it with H2testw (when you get access to a computer) https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)
I don't think the SD card has a problem, the freezing was related to the game I tried to install I believe ( I have installed a lot of other games in the meantime and non had any issues). The space error might be freeshop keeping the tmp files if the failed downloads or something similar.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't find the "pending" install anywhere and it's still taking up space, then do this:

Go to the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on your console's SD card and open the folder named with a random string of characters...then open the next folder named similarly... Inside go into the "titles" folder and open the one named "0040000" and look for the LAST HALF of the title ID of the game/app inside. Once you find it, delete it. (and make sure it's the correct folder, triple check the TitleID, you don't want to delete a system app by mistake)...

Once it's deleted all of your games/apps may disappear from the home menu temporarily. If that happens, go into system settings>data management>3ds software titles> Then look for an installed application named "?" taking up 0 blocks and delete it. Then restart your console. Everything should be working as before and the "pending" install will be gone.

Sirence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you can't find the "pending" install anywhere and it's still taking up space, then do this:

Go to the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on your console's SD card and open the folder named with a random string of characters...then open the next folder named similarly... Inside go into the "titles" folder and open the one named "0040000" and look for the LAST HALF of the title ID of the game/app inside. Once you find it, delete it. (and make sure it's the correct folder, triple check the TitleID, you don't want to delete a system app by mistake)...

Once it's deleted all of your games/apps may disappear from the home menu temporarily. If that happens, go into system settings>data management>3ds software titles> Then look for an installed application named "?" taking up 0 blocks and delete it. Then restart your console. Everything should be working as before and the "pending" install will be gone.
Thank you very much, this was the solution!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a