Install WADs and HBC on 4.0 with modchip

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Josh192, Apr 6, 2009.

Apr 6, 2009
  1. Josh192
    OP

Newcomer Josh192 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I was just wondering whether or not it is possible to install WADs and the Homebrew Channel on a 4.0 modded wii with a modchip. Only really want to know because i need a motherboard replacement and the only replacement i seem to be able to get is a 4.0e version. So can i install the HBC from disk installation and install WADs through WAD Manager and stuff?

2. maduin

Member maduin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't think so, there is an ISO install disc that can be used with a modchip, but it only works on 3.2 or below. Maybe once there is a 4.0 hack, it'll work, but so far no.

3. idane

Newcomer idane Member

Israel
    There is currently no way to install anything on 4.0, with or without a modchip.

Until an exploit comes we're all screwed :S

Also, just a suggestion - Change the title, as the title seems to imply that it is a statement, and not a question

4. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    The disc installation of the HBC makes use of the trucha bug. That's fixed in 4.0, so that's a no go.

5. blitter

Newcomer blitter Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    For sure the topic could do with a question mark on the end.

I'm patient that a 4.0 HBC will appear when it's done. At the same time, as a HB developer I'm angry with Nintendo for blocking our efforts...With hindsight I would have developed for PS3 (not that I'm not enjoying making my projects on Wii!)