Install VPN to play a game with public wifi?

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by Amapola62, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Amapola62
    OP

Amapola62 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    I play Clash of clans on my netbook with the android emulator Bluestacks...my problem is that the game can't connect to the unsecured wi-fi network where I am during the week...I suppose it is restricted so I'll have to use a VPN, but I'm afraid of being scammed, spywared...can you recommand me a cheap and safe one please? thank you for your help.

2. Relys

Relys Master of Computer Science

Jan 5, 2007
    United States
    https://www.privateinternetaccess.com

Supports OpenVPN (for VPN virtual network adapter) and SOCKS5 proxy. The SOCKS5 proxy works great for Firefox, IRC and Torrent clients (such as Deluge) so you don't have to proxy all of your traffic out over a VPN connection (for minimizing latency in PC games). If you're a l337 haxx0r like me you can use the SOCKS5 proxy with proxychains and tunnel out whatever application you feel like. Fast speed and lots of locations around the world to tunnel your traffic out of with the VPN (For example you could have unlocked Fallout 4 on Steam early by tunneling out of Australia).

3. Amapola62
    OP

Amapola62 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    uh...I don't really understand what you wrote there...Could you re-explain in simpler terms? i suppose that that link will help me not get virused/saddled with adds/full of spywares that make the PC lag...if i use what you linked too in adition to whatever VPN I might use.

could you suggest me one and explain me how to connect to it (make the tutorial as stupid proof as possible, I'm a newbie when it comes to those things). I just want to be able to connect Bluestacks/Clash of Clans to Internet...