1. Kafke

Kafke GBAtemp Fan

United States

Haha. Probably because I'm super into this stuff and have a CS degree. It's best to know what the hell you are doing to your console if you are going to fuck around with it. I'll be the first to admit though that it's a bit confusing jumping in without even owning the damn card. Took a while to sort everything out and figure out what's possible with and without it.

I'm glad I have it all correct. It's hard to verify when you don't actually own the product.

Margen67 and Jayro like this.
  2. Monty Kensicle

United States
    I'm very sorry I misspoke, I was trying to explain that OP can't use a sysNAND of 4.X. in classic mode to run their retail Pokemon game without corrupting their save.

3. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

United States
    I've actually already had issues with having my two NANDs linked. I had downloaded several themes in emuNAND, and for some reason at one point all my theme icons turned black and refused to work anymore. Took quite a bit of effort to fix that one, ended up deleting the theme package app (CTR-M-something), and deleting the entire theme extdata, rebooting the entire 3DS, going into the theme shop, and redownloading all my themes. After that it worked though.

Margen67 likes this.
  4. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

United States
    I don't see leaving them linked as a long term solution. My next issue to study is how eshop works with emunand that has content side loaded. I have read it can delete eshop games you have not purchased. A proposed solution is to have a second emunand on another card just for eshop access and the moving/injecting that into your working emunand. I have not seen details on exactly how to do that though. My question is what content exactly is in the emunand partition and what is in the 3ds folder.

Margen67 likes this.
  5. obito

obito I can have a title?! :O

New Zealand
    Sorry to bump but did op find a solution to this? I want to play my retail omega ruby online without having to go through classic mode all the time. Strange because im pretty sure my nands aren't linked but the update doesn't show on sysnand.

6. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

China
    For answering TC:

No.
    Try the method injecting TICKET.DB from emuNAND to SysNAND. This is the only solution. (You can search the post in this forum)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Install, updates, through