Hacking Install Updates for Out of Region Games

The Crane Game

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally got EmuNAND going, largely because I imported a game a while back and most of its features are missing without updates. I downloaded said updates and installed them via FBI only to discover... the cart doesn't want to read them at all. My question is this: is there a way to get updates via CIAs working on physical copies of games and if not, would I be better off just getting a CIA copy of the title onto my 3DS?
By the way, on N3DSXL, 10.6 EmuNAND with ReiNAND. Thanks!!

The Crane Game

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do they have a guide or something? I got the update and installed it but for some reason, the game didn't seem to recognize it at all.

The Crane Game

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a bit of an update, the patch is definitely on my 3DS because I can look it up in data management. However, neither the cart nor a dumped version will read it for some reason. Really not sure why, everything I've read states you only need the latest version. Is it because this is an import game from Japan running on a USA device?

EDIT: Figured it out. HANS doesn't load update data properly for CIA or out of region games apparently, meaning that you have to go through the Devmenu for it to work. Case closed!

Last edited by The Crane Game,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...