Install Updates for Out of Region Games

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by The Crane Game, Mar 12, 2016.

1. The Crane Game
    OP

The Crane Game Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    So I finally got EmuNAND going, largely because I imported a game a while back and most of its features are missing without updates. I downloaded said updates and installed them via FBI only to discover... the cart doesn't want to read them at all. My question is this: is there a way to get updates via CIAs working on physical copies of games and if not, would I be better off just getting a CIA copy of the title onto my 3DS?
    By the way, on N3DSXL, 10.6 EmuNAND with ReiNAND. Thanks!!

2. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Yes, go check that one website.

3. The Crane Game
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    Do they have a guide or something? I got the update and installed it but for some reason, the game didn't seem to recognize it at all.

4. The Crane Game
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    So a bit of an update, the patch is definitely on my 3DS because I can look it up in data management. However, neither the cart nor a dumped version will read it for some reason. Really not sure why, everything I've read states you only need the latest version. Is it because this is an import game from Japan running on a USA device?

EDIT: Figured it out. HANS doesn't load update data properly for CIA or out of region games apparently, meaning that you have to go through the Devmenu for it to work. Case closed!

Last edited by The Crane Game, Mar 13, 2016