Homebrew Install Unity exported CIA through FBI

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No reason as to why it couldn't, it's still a .cia file as long as it was from Nintendo's Developer Tools, but it makes it impossible for someone to share any work they've created using.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't install for me, how do I sign development CIAs so they can be installed through fbi?

You can't sign a .cia as you are not Nintendo, but FBI able to install unsigned works so it shouldn't matter.

But if it is not working, then we cannot really help you out as Nintendo basically has a noose around your neck if you do anything they don't like.

But we can help wit FBI not working, does it give an error?

HaloBenish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea it gives the invalid signature error or something. I have n3ds with fbi and it allows installing unsigned cias, it won't allow me to install the unity built cia file though. I am going to try and decompile that cia then recompile it and try installing it. I might be stuck buying a 3ds dev kit though.

Last edited by HaloBenish,

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dev CIAs are encrypted using an unknown keyset which differs from normal keys. Unity will also have created a *.cci file. That's a gamecard image (same as *.3ds), and uses the normal keyset. You can either rename it *.3dz and use in gateway, or convert it to a cia using tools found elsewhere on the temp.

Reactions: Ryccardo

HaloBenish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dev CIAs are encrypted using an unknown keyset which differs from normal keys. Unity will also have created a *.cci file. That's a gamecard image (same as *.3ds), and uses the normal keyset. You can either rename it *.3dz and use in gateway, or convert it to a cia using tools found elsewhere on the temp.

I'm using 3ds to cia on a cci renamed to 3ds. It gives me a decryption failed trying to build the cia...

EDIT: I'm a dummy, looks like I need to install python and do some more research

Last edited by HaloBenish,

HaloBenish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So the cci to cia converted file installed fine but throws an error upon booting... Should I be installing with FBI or some Dev Menu thing? Should I install to SD or NAND? Should I install to sysnand or emunand? Pasta(sys), Luma(red), or Rei(emu)?

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CFW doesn't matter as long as it allows you to install and run unsigned .cias. Install to SD, because you should never install to NAND as that is used for updates and such, though I installed Super Mario 3D Land and no matter how many times I format I'll always have one good game by default :3

And again, FBI is fine but it doesn't matter as long as you have access to installing .cias.

Make sure you are exporting it from Unity in a correct format?

HaloBenish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea, I get the CCI and CIA from Unity and installed to emunand via fbi, still can't get past an error has occurred screen. I can play my backups installed via cia/fbi fine in emunand though.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try it with an empty project.
Also, how did you get the 3DS build option to activate? I have the official thing from Nintendo, but it doesn't have a 3DS or Wii U option

[Caution!!] When talking about anything related to the Nintendo Developer Program that you have learned/acquired by being a part of it.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Caution!!] When talking about anything related to the Nintendo Developer Program that you have learned/acquired by being a part of it.
The first thing I said about the unknown keyset was said by someone else on the temp. The second thing was a question, so NDA doesn't apply to me. (It would to the answerer though, but if they downloaded from a leak instead of NDA, they can answer)

In the meantime, I figured it out.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I believe the keys are actually known, but I have no idea how you'd decrypt it to make it work on retail 3DSes.

devleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The first thing I said about the unknown keyset was said by someone else on the temp. The second thing was a question, so NDA doesn't apply to me. (It would to the answerer though, but if they downloaded from a leak instead of NDA, they can answer)

In the meantime, I figured it out.
How did you get it to run?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: