iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hola, staff....

I found this nifty thing called tapatalk for forums.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

It supports:vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB and SMF forums that have activated Tapatalk.

and it's free to put on your forum.

Since most of us are pirates anyway. we cna pirate the app. but there is a free one
smile.gif

So.. YEAH!

~ifish[sn0w]

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
"Q: Which forum system does it currently support?
A: Currently phpBB3 3.0.x, vBulletin 3.7.x/3.8.x/4.0.x, Invision Power Board (IPB) 3.0.x and Simple Machine Forum (SMF) 1.1.x/2.0.x are supported."
Aren't we running version 2 something

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
"Q: Which forum system does it currently support?
A: Currently phpBB3 3.0.x, vBulletin 3.7.x/3.8.x/4.0.x, Invision Power Board (IPB) 3.0.x and Simple Machine Forum (SMF) 1.1.x/2.0.x are supported."
Aren't we running version 2 something
Admins, can you tell us which version is running?

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Danny600kill said:
ifish said:
Why don't they update? isn't v2 outdated already?

I think I remember them saying it would take a lot of time and effort, and there's the old saying ''If it's not broke, don't fix it''

* ifish hack into the site and crashes it

Now it's borked. go fix it
nyanya.gif

My facebook even says If it ain't broke. i'll fix it anyway"

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Smartphones and devices like iPod Touch should browse the forums just fine at this point. I tested quickly with Opera Mobile on my N900 just now and had no issues navigating the site. Opera Mini on iPod Touch, iPhone and Android ought to have comparible results at the very least.

This just seems like slapping features on for a select few people with little reason in the first place.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
AshuraZro said:
Smartphones and devices like iPod Touch should browse the forums just fine at this point. I tested quickly with Opera Mobile on my N900 just now and had no issues navigating the site. Opera Mini on iPod Touch, iPhone and Android ought to have comparible results at the very least.

This just seems like slapping features on for a select few people with little reason in the first place.

Runs fine on my droid ( HTC Desire ) I use Gbatemp on it all the time at work and I can navigate quite easily

propered

Trophies
XP
Country
I disagree ^^

Its all about ease and accessibility and increasingly more and more people use there phone for what would have been considered common desktop tasks in the past

Tapatalk on Smartphones and gbattemp...by the way i did find the cheat section of gbattemp via the search in this app - or was that some rip off merchant using your name

I have just started using this (free version) and its a great way to read forums on smart phones I was just wondering if gbatemp will ever be compatible.....
at the moment i read xda developer and evo-web as my only two that i read on it, ideally would love to see gbattemp on here too, any thoughts?

No i don't make any money from this lol....i just wanna see all my fave forums compatible lol
and by the way i am going to ask a couple of my fave forums the same this ie psx-scnene the same thing so hope you don't think it is spam, i just thinks more forums these days should be accessible from a smartphone easily i hope you guys who are on the move like me appreciate that this will help greatly

Info
http://www.tapatalk.com/

btw i read the discussion on mobile version....from what i have read you need to upgrade the version forum code etc....for this to be compatible on tapatalk
but seriously reading and writing on phones is /can be very quick and easy esp with swype and will continue to be so ....if you are not then fair enough just don't close the doors on it

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I must admit it is quite a good app on android. I use it to access xda-developers forums quite often.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
I would love to be able to use tapatalk with GbaTemp, the app have some nice features like most recent topics, bokmark a topic etc.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AshuraZro said:

yes you can just browse the normal website but loading takes forever (especially when not on wifi)

the point of tapatalk is that it only loads the necessary elements of the forum while still retaining most of the features, cutting down on data use and being much faster

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Tapatalk only supports IP.B v3
We are on v2 and the admins have hinted slightly at upgrading. And IP.B V3 has its own app, so Tapatalk is kinda useless unless you want all your forums together in one app

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...