Install rxinstaller.nds (or equivalent) with DS card on 3DS 4.2?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by joemama1995, Sep 11, 2015.

1. joemama1995
    OP

joemama1995 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2015
    United States
    I meant WITHOUT DS CARD. Sorry.

I formatted my Sysnand (to unlink from emunand) today, and it unexpectedly removed the DS profile exploit for my 3DS and I don't have my DS Card with me.

Is there a way to install the rxinstaller.nds (or equivalent) without a DS card? Thanks

2. Dean_

Dean_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 11, 2014
    rxTools <= 2.6 : FBI
    rxTools 3.0 latest nightly : FBI or rxinstaller.bin included in the release package

3. OctopusRift

OctopusRift GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"

Nov 19, 2014
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    aight. so activate rxtools using the browser.

Put rxtools.dat in your sd cards root. go to launch.rxtools.net... then, hold r while rxtools boots. then move to advanced stuff or tools or something look for install fbi to HS app. (Make sure your sd card has all of the rxtools files), go back. boot into rxtools. go to the health and safety app, wait. when it loads into a black app with white text, push select, push left and right to find rxtools 3.0 rop install. install. done.

4. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    The H&S FBI is an old version, it doesn't have the 3.0 rxtools rop. Just use the rxinstaller.bin or install sudokuhax.

5. OctopusRift

OctopusRift GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"

Nov 19, 2014
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    rxinstaller bin is good.

6. joemama1995
    OP

joemama1995 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2015
    United States
    Thank you for everyone's help.

I have rxtools 2.6 installed and FBI and everything is working as expected.

This sounds promisingly - "go to the health and safety app, wait. when it loads into a black app with white text, push select, push left and right to find rxtools 3.0 rop install. install. done." Oh wait a minute, I'm on rxtools 2.6, so I guess that's not an option.

I'm not familiar with "rxinstaller.bin" or how to "use" it. Is that part of rxtools 3.0 also?

7. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France