nisusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi All,
Noob here. I have a wii u with version 4.0.3 that i soft modded with lego batman hack and got homebrew installed. I installed CIOS base 56 on 249 and base 57 on 250. cfg usb loader complained that it needed CIOS base 56 on 248, so i installed it too. When i try to install cfg usb loader, its stuck at cfg startup screen. i tried the latest version v70r65 and also v70r51. Both of them get stuck at the same startup screen. I also tried to install with a usb flash drive to see if it was a problem with my sd card. It gets stuck too at the same startup screen. Any help is greatly appreciated.

nisusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your reply.

May be its an issue with my download:

All along, i downloaded cfg70MODr65.dol / cfg70MODr51.dol from cfg-loader-mod (http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader-mod/downloads/list) and renamed it as boot.dol (Not sure how different this is from cfg-loader)

But now i see the correct download page for cfg-loader is http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/downloads/list

I am going to try installing from the cfg-loader download link. But one question though? which file should i rename as boot.dol? cfg70.dol or cfg70-222.dol ?what is the difference between these 2? Do i need both? If so, what will be their names: boot.dol and boot-222.dol?

Also, i see cfg70b6.dol and cfg70b6-222.dol . My assumption is cfg70.dol and cfg70-222.dol are sym linked to the recent versions of the files and in this case to b6 and hence are the same. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Could someone also enlighten me on what is meant by "the mod version if you downloaded both types" in the installation procedure. Is he/she referring to cfg70.dol and cfg70-222.dol or cfg70MODr65.dol / cfg70MODr51.dol?

http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader

Installation procedure

2. If you downloaded a .dol file as well (the mod version if you downloaded both types), rename the file to boot.dol and replace sd:/apps/USBLoader/boot.dol with the renamed file.

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. On your SD card create a folder named "apps" (if it don't already exists)
2. Within the "apps" folder create a folder "usbloader_cfg"
3. Copy the file "cfg70MODr65.dol" to the folder "usbloader_cfg"
4. Rename the file "cfg70MODr65.dol" to "boot.dol"
5. Try to load CFG Loader from the HomeBrew Channel.

nisusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does it give you any error message?
I believe CFG still needs the meta.xml configured to launch using an IOS other than 249.

(Taken from http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader):
On any machine, open sd:/apps/USBLoader/meta.xml in your favourite text editor and do the following:
  1. Find the line </app> towards the end of the file.
  2. Depending on which ios you want to use as default (248 is recommended) add one of the lines below before</app>:
    • <arguments><arg>ios=248</arg></arguments>
    • <arguments><arg>ios=224-mload</arg></arguments>
  3. Save your changes to meta.xml.

nisusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your reply.

All along, i was using the downloaded preconfigured meta.xml file from http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader

Download a pre-configured meta.xml for IOS248:
  1. Download the pre-configured meta.xml (right-click the link then choose Save Link As or a similar option).

and here are the contents of my meta.xml. I have IOS Base 56 on 248 and my meta.xml reflecting the same.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<app version="1">
<name>Configurable USB Loader</name>
<version>unknown</version>
<release_date>unknown</release_date>
<coder>oggzee, usptactical, gannon, Clipper, ...</coder>
<short_description>Play from USB drive</short_description>
<long_description>
Play Wii Backups from USB harddrive
Waninkoko cIOS 249 is supported.
Hermes cIOS 222/223 is supported.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
</long_description>
<arguments>
<arg>ios = 248</arg>
</arguments></app>

Is there any way to debug or generate a log to find out where it is getting stuck?

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The XML looks OK.
What text (if any) does the CFG splash screen show (in the bottom right)?

I've only modded regular Wiis, never bothered to mod my Wiiu but I'll try to help.

Just to be sure, you have both the folder on the root of your SD card, and the one in the apps dir?
X:\usb-loader (has the config files and the folder the covers are stored in etc)
X:\apps\USBLoader (boot.dol, meta.xml etc)

Does it launch if you just use the files from: http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/downloads/detail?name=Cfg_USB_Loader_70.zip&can=2&q=
I'm pretty sure you can just update to the latest cfg-loader-mod from within the settings of that old non-mod version. Or if that loads you should be able to then just replace the boot.dol in X:\apps\USBloader with http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader-mod/downloads/detail?name=cfg70MODr65.dol&can=2&q= (renaming it to boot.dol)

nisusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your help Count Duckula. I see v70r65 and 248 in the bottom right. I downloaded the files again from the link you had but same issue. Nothing changed. Stuck at the startup screen. I am wondering if there is a way to send these to the developers and ask for help.

nisusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems to be an issue with my CIOS install. I could nt find a way to mark this answered or closed. Thanks all for your help.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I had similar problem once, fixed it by deleting all files from the loader folder and putting then a fresh copy of only the boot.dol file, no other file in the folder.

Or simply use a different loader.

Gabriel103rd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the same problem on my wii u/ Vwii, when i open CFG it freezes, is there any other way to get this done without having to buy or use a classic wiimote ? if so please help. I just bought a 1tb wd HDD and it works really fast on my pc when i transfer games with WBFS. how ever it use to read the iso games i had on my HDD. But ever since i parttioned my HDD. to 800 for my wii games. it doesnt show up at all now on USB LOADER GX :( which is why im trying to get CFG to work. maybe it will load my games. Plz help

Goatsie666

Head Smithy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the same problem on my wii u/ Vwii, when i open CFG it freezes, is there any other way to get this done without having to buy or use a classic wiimote ? if so please help. I just bought a 1tb wd HDD and it works really fast on my pc when i transfer games with WBFS. how ever it use to read the iso games i had on my HDD. But ever since i parttioned my HDD. to 800 for my wii games. it doesnt show up at all now on USB LOADER GX :( which is why im trying to get CFG to work. maybe it will load my games. Plz help

are you selecting the partition from usb loader gx? ive had this problem too. also, i have 4 GC games and 22 wii games on my hdd. when i use gx, it only sees 1 gamecube game. but when i use cfg loader it sees them all.

Gabriel103rd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goatsie666 i got it to work now thanks :) im using Gx loader its working perfect now. except for one thing when ever i play wii games from my HDD 1 tb, The games do not play in full screen which kind of sucks smh

Jish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumping because I am having the same problems on my Wii trying to start cfg USB loader from homebrew. It gets stuck on load screen with "cfg" in middle. This is in Wii U section but I figured you guys could help me out.

Jish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to be an issue with my CIOS install. I could nt find a way to mark this answered or closed. Thanks all for your help.
I know this an old post but how did you fix this? I hate when people fix their issue but don't share how they fixed it lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1