Install IOS60 after Preloader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Teny, Sep 28, 2009.

Sep 28, 2009

Install IOS60 after Preloader? by Teny at 6:44 PM (2,080 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Teny
    OP

Member Teny GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Crap, I think I did something wrong. I was using a guide from Wiihacks I got up to this step

I got confused on step 5 (a, and for some reason, I wasnt thinking, and I never installed IOS60-patched.wad, and I already installed Preloader. What should I do? My Wii still goes to the system menu and everything though.

I was told to just go to the HBC, go into the WAD manager, and install the IOS60-patched.wad (this would cause a semi-brick?), then restart my Wii, while holding the Reset switch and boot into Preloader, and just reinstall, and all will work like this never happened. Should I do that?

Thank You.

2. urherenow

Member urherenow GBAtemp Addict

United States
    if you install preloader BEFORE the ios 60, then you will get a semi brick when you reboot after installing a different (unpatched) IOS60. This is nothing to worry about because all you have to do is launch HBC from the preloader menu and reinstall preloader.

if you don't have preloader installed yet, just install the IOS60, then preloader last

3. Teny
    OP

Member Teny GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well, I already installed Preloader, and I haven't installed IOS60-patched.wad yet.
    Since I should have nothing to worry about, then I am going to install the IOS60-patched.wad with the wad manager, then reboot my wii (should be semi-bricked) which is why I hold the reset button to boot into the Preloader, load HBC, and reinstall Preloader.
    Just double checking.