Homebrew Install homebrew channel with ironfall v1.1 (N3DS 10.3)

MultiNche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, (sorry for my spelling, I'm not English)

I downloaded a few months ago ironfall, (before the update).

I see that we can now demote the 3DS to 9.2 but this is not recommended for N3DS.

As Browserhax will surely be patched, I would definitely installed homebrew channel to downgrade my new 3ds later when it will be for some new 3ds.

Can you show me where can I find a tutorial to ironhax but the old version, because I have not found a tutorial for this one in 10.3

Thank you.

MultiNche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use ironhax + browserhax and install homebrew channel definitely no problem with a future update that would prevent using the browser?

Or I use oot3dhax (n3ds 10.3) it is the same in easier?

You have an answer?

Last edited by MultiNche,

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have an answer?

If you used ironhax installer and actually installed ironhax, you'll be fine as it doesn't use the browser to work.

Back to your original post, if you have any intentions of downgrading, you should do it now (You can downgrade N3ds. Some people have issues with soft bricks, but that can usually be solved by formatting your system). Once update 10.4 comes around, you'll lose the ability to go back to 10.3 in case of a soft brick. The downgrade software won't ever be 100% safe, but as it is now, it's safe enough so long as you provide the correct files. I'd look through a few downgrading threads if you do decide to go that route.

MultiNche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your clear answer
However, I do not want to do the updated 10.4, but if I made the downgrade after the 10.4 update is available, I could not downgrade?

So it is better that I make the downgrade today and at worst have a semi brick wait tomorrow and have no downgrade solution?

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your clear answer
However, I do not want to do the updated 10.4, but if I made the downgrade after the 10.4 update is available, I could not downgrade?

So it is better that I make the downgrade today and at worst have a semi brick wait tomorrow and have no downgrade solution?

Basically, on N3DS in particular, people tend to have issues with soft bricks. This requires you to use recovery to connect to Nintendo's servers, and download the latest update (Currently 10.3). Once 10.4 is out, if you soft brick, you're forced to update to 10.4, which will likely patch current exploits.

As for the current downgrade methods, everything boils down to luck. At this point, hardbricks seem rare unless you flash the wrong files, and soft bricks seem to be resolved by formatting your system before downgrading (Probably some random things in NAND messing things up).

If it gives you confidence, I downgraded an o3DS, a n3DS XL (US) and a n3DS (JP) with zero issues (No soft bricks, etc.). If you end up going that route, read up on things first. Don't start trying to downgrade until you understand everything that you need to do.

Reactions: MultiNche

MultiNche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, on N3DS in particular, people tend to have issues with soft bricks. This requires you to use recovery to connect to Nintendo's servers, and download the latest update (Currently 10.3). Once 10.4 is out, if you soft brick, you're forced to update to 10.4, which will likely patch current exploits.

As for the current downgrade methods, everything boils down to luck. At this point, hardbricks seem rare unless you flash the wrong files, and soft bricks seem to be resolved by formatting your system before downgrading (Probably some random things in NAND messing things up).

If it gives you confidence, I downgraded an o3DS, a n3DS XL (US) and a n3DS (JP) with zero issues (No soft bricks, etc.). If you end up going that route, read up on things first. Don't start trying to downgrade until you understand everything that you need to do.
Okay, I understand.
I have read the tutorial, I'd still read them again if I do it because I want to do it well.

One last question ^^ apparently, KTM will perhaps go out tomorrow, but it will be the same problem for updated with N3DS, right? : /

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I understand.
I have read the tutorial, I'd still read them again if I do it because I want to do it well.

One last question ^^ apparently, KTM will perhaps go out tomorrow, but it will be the same problem for updated with N3DS, right? : /

KTM won't be getting released (Developer stopped working on it, for various reasons EDIT: Seems that JustPingo might release it at some point). Even if it did, it would've just made sure you were using the right files, made sure they weren't corrupted, etc. Ultimately, for competent users, it would've been as safe as the current Sysupdater.

Last edited by Townsperson,

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I understand.

The KTM is tomorrow thing is a really bad joke, and partially caused it to be nearly abandoned. just use Sysupdater, and be careful. follow the guides, and make sure our zip file MD5 matches the one on the list for your console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol