Install Homebrew Channel end firmware 3.4

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Leo25, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Leo25
    OP

Leo25 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2009
    United States
    Hello, everyone ! I have two Wiis in my house, one normal and one with a modship (not mine but my girlfriend's)... For the first one, the normal, i did the maj and installed firmware 3.4 and then installed Homebrew Channel and some Wiiware and VC games (with twilight hack beta for 3.4)... Now, i want to do the same to the second one but i fear that i can brick it ... So i wanted to ask you before if it is possible to install 3.4 firmware and homebrew Channel (+ Wiiware and VC) on a modchipped wii without consequences (i know that there is a chance to brick it but not 100% ?)???

2. Golfman560

Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Dec 29, 2008
    Living with seals
    Just do as you did before. The only thing you should be worried about is changing the IOS's on either Wii, which the Twilight/HBC don't do.

3. computerboy

computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 20, 2008
    Swaziland
    There's not more chance of bricking if you have a modchip or not. The only difference is that with some modchips you can recover from banner bricks (actually you can do that without a modchip but you need to install extra software) and you have 6x speed

4. Leo25
    OP

Leo25 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2009
    United States
    Thank you very much ^^ ! I am relieved now ^^ !

But for changing IOS on the Wii, i used HBC to install and it worked !

I followed this tutorial :

http://wehackwii.pbwiki.com/News

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice