Install help..DRE's on Originals only.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by arukado, Apr 25, 2007.

Apr 25, 2007
  1. arukado
    OP

Newcomer arukado Member

United States
    Hey you bunch of great guys I got a problem and im totaly stumpped. I just did a wiikey install for a friend and all copies load up without a problem but the laser goes crazy when i put in an original. Any ideas? I get the DRE that says to eject and power off. My points look fine idk if should just remove chip and restart or what? I can only get originals to boot up 10% of the time it seems. I can't understand why originals dont boot and copies do..

Any and all help is appreciated.

2. modmanwii

Member modmanwii GBAtemp Regular

United States
    check for bridged connections or solder spalshes

3. dohclude

Member dohclude GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ya, get yourself a can of compressed air and blow out your system really good, then take a look at all of your connections with a magnifying glass and a small flashlight.

4. arukado
    OP

Newcomer arukado Member

United States
    hey guys i rechecked my connections and desolder a few and resoldered them. The way the wii is, it only boots originals from the standby mode. The system is off and insert an original and it bhoots up fine. If i eject and reinsert the laser keeps clicking and I will get a DRE to eject and power off which i can only do by unplugging. Back ups play no matter what. Any thing else you guys can think of? I have heard of others with this problem but it happens randomly. I know when this DRE occurs.