Hacking Install Game Updates Only With Wii U USB Helper

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a retail disc for Lego Dimensions. I want to download the updates with Wii U USB Helper and install them.

Do I just launch up my Haxchi - then load WUP Installer and load away? Or are there special steps to take since the actual game is not coming from WUP Installer/Haxchi?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a retail disc for Lego Dimensions. I want to download the updates with Wii U USB Helper and install them.

Do I just launch up my Haxchi - then load WUP Installer and load away? Or are there special steps to take since the actual game is not coming from WUP Installer/Haxchi?
You just install the update with wup installer. Only thing to watch is the update needs to be installed to the same location as the save for the game. So if your saves are on nand install the update to nand and if your saves are on usb install the update to USB.

Reactions: MikeTheKnight2016

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just install the update with wup installer. Only thing to watch is the update needs to be installed to the same location as the save for the game. So if your saves are on nand install the update to nand and if your saves are on usb install the update to USB.

Ah - good catch about installing updates to same location as saves! Saves are def on the NAND since it is retail disc, I would have installed to USB had you not informed me :)

Reactions: AmandaRose

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah - good catch about installing updates to same location as saves! Saves are def on the NAND since it is retail disc, I would have installed to USB had you not informed me :)
You keep your retail saves on NAND then?
Just to make sure you didn't put the save on USB then forget.

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Finally got a second to install these, well try to rather. I am getting this error anytime I try to use Wup Installer to install them

The error message I get "Confirm complete WUP files are in the folder"

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check the folder name, if it has a sign or something delete it and you can install it

The updates folder is named LEGO® DIMENSIONS™ [0005000E10194200] (v304) and the DLC Folder is named LEGO® DIMENSIONS™ [0005000C10194200] - if I remove the ® and ™ will WUP Installer still know where to associate the games? Or is that not what is causing the issues?

Wow - I have been trying off and on for a week to get these blasted things to install, never thinking it was something so simple!

Thank you @AzureDragon

Last edited by MikeTheKnight2016,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The updates folder is named LEGO® DIMENSIONS™ [0005000E10194200] (v304) and the DLC Folder is named LEGO® DIMENSIONS™ [0005000C10194200] - if I remove the ® and ™ will WUP Installer still know where to associate the games? Or is that not what is causing the issues?

Wow - I have been trying off and on for a week to get these blasted things to install, never thinking it was something so simple!

Thank you @AzureDragon
It doesn't matter what you call it. WUP Installer knows where to put.

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter what you call it. WUP Installer knows where to put.

I installed the DLC & Updates to my External USB Hard Drive and just launched my retail disc. I got a message saying there is no save data...did I over write my save data? Can I recover it somehow?

Further info - I do not have enough storage on internal storage to install DLC & Updates to internal storage so I selected USB. I assume that maybe my save data is on internal storage and since I installed updates & DLC to USB they can not "see" each other...if that is the case, can I "move" my save from NAND to USB so I can still use it?

Last edited by MikeTheKnight2016,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the DLC & Updates to my External USB Hard Drive and just launched my retail disc. I got a message saying there is no save data...did I over write my save data? Can I recover it somehow?

Further info - I do not have enough storage on internal storage to install DLC & Updates to internal storage so I selected USB. I assume that maybe my save data is on internal storage and since I installed updates & DLC to USB they can not "see" each other...if that is the case, can I "move" my save from NAND to USB so I can still use it?
Yes you can move it. Just use Wii u data management and move the savedata to usb

Reactions: MikeTheKnight2016

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to revive this thread, but I don't want to create a new one.

Installing updates with WUP Installer requires to use CFW everytime you open that game because of the "fake" ticket?

RyuVentus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
While it’s here, I think I’ll take advantage of a WiiU USB topic.

Stuff downloaded from the program is stored in a folder. Do I need to do anything with them before I put things into the install folder on SD? They’re all Wii U games if that makes a difference

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While it’s here, I think I’ll take advantage of a WiiU USB topic.

Stuff downloaded from the program is stored in a folder. Do I need to do anything with them before I put things into the install folder on SD? They’re all Wii U games if that makes a difference

No, you don't need to do anything extra to them, they are all ready to install :)

RyuVentus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Installing updates with WUP Installer requires to use CFW everytime you open that game because of the "fake" ticket?

To answer your question, only DLC I’ve found requires CFW. Captain toad runs without booting Haxchi

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I don't think so because you can download updates from eShop even for pirated games so the updates must not have console unique tickets.
But you can safely download them from eShop (if they are in region) :)

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so because you can download updates from eShop even for pirated games so the updates must not have console unique tickets.
But you can safely download them from eShop (if they are in region) :)

I asked cause I cant update a game that I legally bought, so I wanted to know.

I did update that game via USB Helper and it doesn't need CFW to run it! :D

HappyMommy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to revive an old thread (again) but I’m stuck and hoping from experience you lovely folks can help.
I downloaded the most recent update via USB Helper, installed it via WUP, but when I launch dimensions to have it apply the update, it says a system update is required. That’s a no no on the hacked system so I’m trying to figure out how I get around that? Help!
EDIT: False alarm I suppose. Did some checking and updating to 5.5.4 seemed it won’t mess up anything and thus I went for it.

Last edited by HappyMommy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"