Hacking Install dev menu without flash cart, can it be done?

kaizerJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to install the dev menu, without a flash cart on a 4.5 system? I know the go exploit gives you a lot of new options, but I couldn't find anything about the dev menu.

kaizerJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? I was under he impression all you needed was a way to install the rop loader and a internet connection. I was looking at the CIA guide and it seams to say you need a ds flash cart. I could have read it wrong.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? I was under he impression all you needed was a way to install the rop loader and a internet connection. I was looking at the CIA guide and it seams to say you need a ds flash cart. I could have read it wrong.

I'm pretty sure you do need a ds flash card to use roploader to allow you to use the ds profile exploit.

huesos_96

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
on a 4.5 system yeah!, only use the CFW for 3ds, you will need a nintendo ds flashcard that works in your system, you dont need Gateway

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
even if you could write to nand and install the devmenu/had a homebrew Launcher.dat style title manager to install it, i don't think you would have the persmission to run it once it is installed in sysnand/without GW's patches.
so, it's pointless (unless you have some bigger plan?)
but yes, if you want to stay on 4.5 you can use the CFW.
just buy gw... :)

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to get the CFW up and running on my 3DS without a Gateway card, but when I try to trigger the exploit for the blue top screen and white bottom screen, all I get is a blue top screen. Bottom screen stays black or white. I've rebooted numerous times to retry it, but it's always the same outcome! Do I have to wait awhile after triggering the exploit for the white screen to flash?

EDIT: Nvrmind. White screen finally flashed. System looked like it was gonna reboot into the home menu, but it hung on black screens. I think my EmuNAND was not properly configured.

JillSandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get the CFW up and running on my 3DS without a Gateway card, but when I try to trigger the exploit for the blue top screen and white bottom screen, all I get is a blue top screen. Bottom screen stays black or white. I've rebooted numerous times to retry it, but it's always the same outcome! Do I have to wait awhile after triggering the exploit for the white screen to flash?

I've had better luck using Gateway's exploit and Launcher_GW.dat (renamed as Launcher.dat, of course).
Waiting for the system to load the SD card titles also helps.
The bottom screen should flash white, and then swap to redNAND (modified emuNAND) afterwards. If it never flashed, or it hangs after, even 30 seconds, go ahead and reboot.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/4-x-only-cia-cfw-complete-guide.373532/page-11#post-5145746 helped out a lot, especially with the bat file.

Reactions: Codename

kaizerJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had better luck using Gateway's exploit and Launcher_GW.dat (renamed as Launcher.dat, of course).
Waiting for the system to load the SD card titles also helps.
The bottom screen should flash white, and then swap to redNAND (modified emuNAND) afterwards. If it never flashed, or it hangs after, even 30 seconds, go ahead and reboot.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/4-x-only-cia-cfw-complete-guide.373532/page-11#post-5145746 helped out a lot, especially with the bat file.
So did you ever get the dev menu installed? I can get as far as step 12 but I'm having problems this part.

"Now to get into the CFW, go to System Settings > Other > Profile > Nintendo DS Profile."
The profile options won't dork do to my lack of top loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb