1. jrinco11

OP jrinco11 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi all -- I was wondering if it's possible to have both Newer super mario bros *and* regular Super Mario Bros installed at the same time as a WiiVC (using the WiiVC tool)? I believe the issue is that both have the same Internal Game Title ID (SMNE) and if I have one installed, then install the other, it overwrites whatever was already installed. Any work around? (I'm installing this via a Wii U)

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    As long as the game/save ID's r different u sure can

jeannotte likes this.
  3. jrinco11

OP jrinco11 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    would that specifically be the "pre-generated title id" or "internal game title id" or something else?

4. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    Idk when I made a iso with newer hack using the builder I selected not share game/save ID's

jeannotte likes this.
  5. Peninsula

Peninsula GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Newer already has different internal game title id from New Super Mario, so you can have a save for both games on your Wii/vWii. They would need to have different Wii U title IDs which are pre-generated by the tool.

6. CeeDee

CeeDee Oh, fishsticks. I'm nauseous...

United States
    I believe it was possible - pretty sure I did when I owned a Wii U. Most self-respecting Newer builds will have a diff internal ID than base NSMBWii.

7. jrinco11

OP jrinco11 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    hmmm, when I load Newer iso into WiiVC injector, it's the same ID as normal SMBW of SMNE/534D4E45 (even when I re-create the Newer ISO, I choose option 3 to create a separate game/save id, I still see it save as SMNE instead of KMN*, so maybe this is more an issue w/the newer ISO builder?)

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    The version of Newer I used has the same ID and that would make things tricky.
    But you can change the game ID of a Wii ISO with relative ease.
    Or find a version that has a different title ID or use the builder. But IIRC I did use the builder myself and it used the same title ID. Maybe there is a newer version of the builder I don't know about.

jeannotte likes this.
  9. Peninsula

United States
    The issue is the WiiVC tool isn't telling you all the information. NSMBW's title ID is SMNE01, whereas my Newer ISO (and probably yours) is SMNE03. You can check this by opening your Newer ISO in a hex editor and checking the first few lines. As long as they aren't identical your saves shouldn't overlap. Once you've got that sorted out you just need to ensure that the pre-generated title IDs are different which should happen by default.

10. jrinco11

OP jrinco11 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Ah you're right - at least, I see the wbfs is named as such (Newer is named "SMNE03.wbfs") - however, when I load either the newer ISO or the original ISO in wiivc injector, the Pre-Generated Game Title IDs are the same "00050002534D4E45". Can I just manually change the pre-generated game title id for one of them, or will that break something? (they _shouldn't_ be the same though, if I'm doing everything else right, no?)

11. Peninsula

United States
    I assumed the the pre-generated Wii U title IDs were created randomly by the script, but it looks like it uses the first 4 characters of the Wii title ID as a seed, which makes sense to avoid Wii U title ID collisions for 99% of cases. Bottom line is: you should manually change the pre-generated game title ID for one of the 2 games. You just need to make sure your new title ID isn't the same as any of the titles installed on your system which you can find here: https://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database. Basically, if you change Newer to 00050002534D4E46 you should be fine.

12. Carnage

Carnage Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    I have Newer installed and working as 00050002534D4E47 a couple of years ago, I remember that there was an issue with the save file when finishing on 46, can't remember right now why (something about some bit masking) but anyway that ID has worked great for some years, I have completely finished Newer on the WiiU-VC a couple of times using that ID.

Peninsula likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Install, regular, Newer