Insomniac's Spider-Man Remastered heads to PC after years of PlayStation exclusivity

Coming over to the PC platform later this year is Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered, the updated version of Insomniac's 2018 hit. This is PlayStation's latest move in terms of bringing over their catalog of games to PC, with the game having previously only been available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. A price was not specified, but the game will be available on both the Steam and Epic Games Store platforms. The remastered version featured all of the game's DLC, improved character models, and updated graphics across the board, along with 60fps support. Spider-Man Remastered will be out on August 12th.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have to say I'm a bit surprised by some of these recent releases. I was sure they would put them all on the highest tier PS Plus service to compete with Game Pass instead of standalone PC ports.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm genuinely surprised at this, thought this would be the last game Sony would ever port to PC. True PS5 exclusives are looking like they're gonna be more and more scarce going forward. I'd probably sell mine if I had 100% confidence that my PC's PSU and GPU were going to last me another five or six years, but at least one of them is likely to give out before then.

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why buy a playstation at this point?
The only thing that comes to mind is Persona 5, neither that or Royal has escaped exclusivity just yet.

That said that has always been a problem with the Persona games in general. They have always for the most part have been Playstation exclusive.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that comes to mind is Persona 5, neither that or Royal has escaped exclusivity just yet.

That said that has always been a problem with the Persona games in general. They have always for the most part have been Playstation exclusive.
Sega needs to take initiative. It doesn't make sense how almost all of their other franchises (Sonic, Yakuza, streets of rage, panzer dragoon, super monkey ball, puyo puyo,) are all multiplat, but when it comes to their second most popular (Persona) they like to be all wishy washy and keep it all to playstation.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm genuinely surprised at this, thought this would be the last game Sony would ever port to PC. True PS5 exclusives are looking like they're gonna be more and more scarce going forward. I'd probably sell mine if I had 100% confidence that my PC's PSU and GPU were going to last me another five or six years, but at least one of them is likely to give out before then.
I'm really glad I got a PS5 for this reason as I'm expecting it to outlast my (slighly more powerful) PC. It's actually the perfect combination with a Steam Deck (and Switch).

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm really glad I got a PS5 for this reason as I'm expecting it to outlast my (slighly more powerful) PC. It's actually the perfect combination with a Steam Deck (and Switch).
Agreed! i'm getting my deck later this month so i should be able to enjoy these titles on there too!

Reactions: subcon959

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but it's annoying to get one for most people, which means the used market price for PS4 isn't going down. :(
I just wanted to put Linux on a PS4 for fun.
PS4 has two markets, one for OFW consoles and the other for HEN consoles.

Since I can't run my PSN bought content on my hacked console I'll just play it on the spare PS4 (got it very cheap) and then sell when I'm done with it. It's a bit noisy although having it in vertical position seems to help it. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.