1. 3,101

Front-page

Revealed early-on in the PlayStation 5 lineup showcase was Spider-Man: Miles Morales, the follow-up to 2018's Spider-Man game for the PlayStation 4. But following the much-hyped trailer were fans confused about what exactly the game was: an add-on to the original, standalone DLC content, or a brand new game? Developer Insomniac answers that question in a new PlayStation Blog that goes into further detail regarding the announcement trailer. The story involving Miles Morales will take place somewhere around a year after the first game's story, with the scope of this new game to be comparable to Uncharted: The Lost Legacy in terms of content, with the latter existing as standalone DLC that complimented the game that came before it and had its own full story. Spider-Man: Miles Morales will also take advantage of being on next-gen hardware, with some of the changes from the original PS4 title being improved character models, higher-quality assets, ray-tracing, 3D audio, and much faster loading. And while this adventure focuses on Miles Morales, Peter Parker's story hasn't ended either, claims Insomniac. You'll be able to get ahold of the game and see for yourself when it launches sometime this holiday season.

:arrow: Source

2. Discussion (17 replies)

3. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Co's VGM Addict

Germany
    I dont know how I feel about this. Spiderverse was so good because of the world, characters and artstyle. Removing most of that and just putting Miles into the ps4 spiderman game just gives me mixed feelings.

I know that miles first appearance wasnt in spiderverse, but thats where most people know him from. I just wished that they would somehow mix both versions of the character, especially since spiderverse was so well recieved.

Last edited by Justinde75, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Netti Netti

Sri Lanka
    New animations and combat? Count me in!

sawao_yama likes this.
  5. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Argentina
    Considering how recently the PS4 Spiderman is and how well it was received it will be hard to beat.

Plus let's face it, many people might ignore the game because this isn't Peter Parker.

darcangel likes this.
  6. sawao_yama

sawao_yama Member
    Newcomer

United States

He was introduced into the game well, what is mixed about that? If miles was just brought in then I would agree, but they built him up plus we are still getting a Spider-Man 2.

Idaho likes this.
  7. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Vietnam
    He just doesn't seem very interesting from the build up.

8. Idaho

Idaho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    I grew too attached to Peter Parker to not be biased and like anything with Miles Morales in it less, not that I'll hate it tho...

kumikochan likes this.
  9. TomRannd

TomRannd GBAtemp's clown.

Canada
    never played a spooder man game. this one looks nice maybe i'll buy it and play it.

10. coffinbirth

coffinbirth GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So PS5's big launch game can be completed in a day?
    Ouch.
    Better than Fantavision, at least.

11. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    More Insomniac Spider-Man can only be a good thing, I'd be just as happy with Spider-Gwen or any other character. Especially if it means we get a Spider-verse game later on with all of them teaming up.

Miles' powers lend themselves to some interesting gameplay ideas too, I'm imagining Spinter Cell fused with InFamous.

12. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    I dunno, maybe they could've bundled it with the full game, which they showed on PS5 months ago showing off the access speed advantages, but then again with PS4 BC, will that super fast loading just work by playing the PS4 game?
    Either way, this doesn't come as a surprise as it was already mentioned to be dlc sized - as long as they're not trying to flog it at $60 I'm fine with it..

13. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    They just add the shock gloves from arkham origins and call it a day...

14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    they need to make an entire 2099 spider man game i would love to see it open world and such, miguel ohara actualy has diferent powers like tallons and webcap to glide and such.

15. darcangel

darcangel Lovely Troll

Brazil
    spider man PS4 was the first open world game in ages that made fetch quest and exploring fun again, it was a blast from beginning to finish, The DLC was a bit hit or miss.

But sadly I like Good old Peter Parker, and the characters I grow up with,
    im not going to invest time in a character that i dont care about, actually i didnt even know him until the very end of the game,

16. Darth Meteos

Darth Meteos Entertainer

United States
    damn, it's like it's 2011 again in this comment section

I hope you all give Miles a chance. He's an amazing Spider-Man, pun intended. You won't regret taking a chance on him, he's the true successor to Peter's legacy.

Xzi likes this.
  17. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I didn't know some people played the game already. Thanks for letting us know...

18. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.
    Chief Editor

Sounds like they turned that tech demo into a game using existing assets.

19. Jonnysert

Jonnysert GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    CyberneticHype
    So Brian Intihar isn’t the creative director of this game, meaning they probably started developing Marvel’s Spider-man 2 at the same time with some of the developers, and the rest will join after Miles Morales releases

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - information, Insomniac, Morales