Insider reports claim that New Super Mario Bros. U will be coming to the Switch

new-super-mario-bros-u-keyart-1.jpg

Though the Wii U wasn't the most successful console to exist, there were still some notable games that released on the platform, such as Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, all of which received Switch versions. And according to some insider sources, another port of a Wii U title might be headed to the Nintendo Switch once more. Publication Comic Book started the "leak", by claiming their sources, who had previously leaked the existence of Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, knew of the existence of a port of New Super Mario Bros. U. Supposedly, this hypothetical version of the game will come packed in with New Super Luigi U as well, and there would be new content included. Usually, when such claims are made, Eurogamer and Kotaku will step in, but neither have provided further information at this time. Liam Robertson, the one who made the report, has been responsible for mildly credible rumors in the past, though he's had some incorrect ones as well, and it's been confirmed that he does indeed have an insider source working at Nintendo of Europe.

:arrow: Source (Rumor)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is it about the switch that's made it so successful if Nintendo is porting over all its games that were unsuccessful to begin with?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah it wasn't THAT bad, seemed to be more aimed for multiplayer laffs, and was a blast playing with the missus/2 kids, but quite forgettable in single player mode... a NSMAll-Stars sounds better, bundling in the other 2, but again I wouldn't end up buying it, just like I'm not forced to buy this. Hopefully the 'delay' we're seeing in getting Mario Maker is to give us extra content ehh..:D
Would also not mind seeing 3D World, or 3D All-Stars with Land thrown in (again though, not sure I'd buy it :lol: )

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is they don’t want to cause any confusion with Odyssey, so they’ll release the 2D Wii U game this year and the 3D Wii U game next year.

It’s definitely not a matter of IF the 3D game will come to Switch, just a matter of WHEN.

Personally I enjoyed both the MARIO games on Wii U and will happily buy again.

Last edited by gamecaptor,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you can literaly make a new nsmb game on mario maker so yeah they got the engine maker so no its not that hard to make a nsmb game...

I'm pretty sure nintendo has better development tools than mario maker for making levels and drawing graphics.

But it would be pretty brain dead of them to release mario maker first.

Reactions: GensokyoIceFairy

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
what is it about the switch that's made it so successful if Nintendo is porting over all its games that were unsuccessful to begin with?
games werent unsuccessfully... the wiiu only sold 13 million how does a game that sold 7 million on a 13 million install base unsuccessful?

basicaly 50% of everyone who owned a wiiu owned this game and most of the other ports, success is measured with install base not with overall sales.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm pretty sure nintendo has better development tools than mario maker for making levels and drawing graphics.

But it would be pretty brain dead of them to release mario maker first.
it would be good if they did an all in one package

snmbu+nslu + mario maker all in one it would actually fit style-wise and graphic wise imo.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just make a new Mario game that's enjoyable? New Super Mario Bro was just meh and meh. It wasn't really a bad Mario game, it was just soulless.
Well...it's not necasarilly a bad game but rather it's just the same carbon copy game as new super mario bros ds and all other iterations. It's just started to get dull having the same thing over and over again. A sequel that is very similar to its predacesor can work as seen with Super Mario Galaxy, but when you do it as many times as they have with the new super mario bros series well.....it starts to get old

Reactions: GensokyoIceFairy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game wasn’t that bad (unlike the DS and 3DS games, and unlike the better Wii game) bu I’d like to see a new 2D Mario game. If they’re after re-releases, I’d rather it be NSMB Wii. That one was the best. Of course, if mayyybe Nintendo could port over Mario Galaxy as well, that’d be amazing.

Reactions: Seriel

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I question nintendo decisions on porting certain games like captain toad and this garbage while they could have ported plenty of other far better games like mario sunshine / smg 1&2, or the 2 updated ports of zelda tp/ww. Even 3d world would have been a far better choice.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch is getting only ports and Indies. Hell even Zelda BotW was a port.
If BoTW is a port then all the multiplatform games are ports of each other.

And it was released on two consoles at the same time, which automatically gets rid of all the usual arguments against ports (double dipping and shit).

This whole anti-port propaganda is getting more and more ridiculous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end