Insider reports claim that New Super Mario Bros. U will be coming to the Switch

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 18, 2018.

1. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    BOTW was designed for the Wii U then later ported.

BOTW is a Wii U game.

Almost every single Wii U exclusive is on the Switch...i agree this port propaganda is getting outta hand.

Last edited by IP60, Aug 18, 2018
  2. deinonychus71

deinonychus71 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 12, 2008
    United States
    Chicago
    It does not matter what it was initially developped for. A LOT of games are initially developped for one console and later adapted.
    We as the consumer got it the same day on switch and wii u. Trying to diminish a game by using the "omg its a port" wildcard on BotW is over ridiculous.

3. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    I'm sorry you are such a fanboy that you cannot see the issue.

DuoForce likes this.
  4. deinonychus71

Sep 12, 2008
    United States
    Chicago
    No I obviously can't. I still have all my Wii U games and when BotW came out I decided to get it on switch.
    Apparently having the choice of the platform is bad now!
    Please enlight me! What is that huge issue you're talking about :).

5. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    The Switch 3 exclusive games.

A year and a half after release.

No problem for the fanboy though.

6. deinonychus71

Sep 12, 2008
    United States
    Chicago
    So your only argument is that a console is worthy if its got enough exclusives? Well poor Xbox One...

But anyway:
    Arms, Odyssey, Aces, Kirby, Octopath, Splatoon 2. Dare I say Labo? 1.2 switch for the troll.
    With Party, Ultimate and Lets Go coming this year.
    You know throwing fanboy at people doesnt make you right automatically, especially when being factually wrong.

So after debunking your "argument" the last thing left is "you're a fanboy". Oh no I'm deeply hurt.

But sure you guys keep bitching about ports that don't impact you while expecting a first party to release exclusives every month cause you know... every first party does that obviously *sarcasm sarcasm*.

Maybe the "non fanboys" should keep their expectations in check, or at least in the same level as for other first parties of other consoles and above all stop complaining that new generations can access games they didnt have access before.
    That fanboy is patiently waiting for gamecube, n64 and wii games to be ported next :)

GamingAori and DuoForce like this.
  7. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    The Xbox One X is the best platform for 3rd party games.

The Switch is the worst.

Labo....lmao

8. deinonychus71

Sep 12, 2008
    United States
    Chicago
    So now we swifted from first party exclusive to define a console to third parties. Interesting.

Well. Im sorry, if you bought a switch expecting the graphically intensive games of xbox/ps4, you made a serious mistake but you're the only one responsible.

If you want the full experience of gaming its switch + xbox one || ps4 || pc. Nintendo isnt even denying it while partnering with Microsoft.

Im pretty happy with all the rogue likes available on switch, and the graphic intensive games on ps4/pc.

Console wars are absurd.

GamingAori likes this.
  9. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2017
    United States
    Bitch please Mario Maker doesn't even have fucking slopes

10. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    I bought a Switch expecting first part exclusives, that's it. As any sane person would.

They have failed to deliver on the only thing i expected.

Nothing too do with consoles wars.

Glyptofane likes this.
  11. deinonychus71

Sep 12, 2008
    United States
    Chicago
    Botw is a first party exclusive to Nintendo. It got released on a dying nintendo console and on a new nintendo console. The same day. Its still a brand new game that you can enjoy and that many people enjoyed on both supports.

And there are first party exclusives to switch only. The list of games mentionned above + a lot of good games to come, including one at the top of sales even though its still a preorder.
    And promises of Metroid 4, core pokemon games etc.

You're just expecting way too much way too fast. No other first party delivers quality that fast. Its just not realistic.

12. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    It is seriously getting out of hand not only from Nintendo, but with third parties using Switch as a dumping ground for full priced ports as well.

I'm okay with some of it, like if it's a game with some major online component such as Mario Kart 8 and I suppose Mario Maker with some added features would be acceptable, but these ports need to release at $40 max.

The whole thing is just shaping up to be such a wasted opportunity for everyone involved, all the way down to the consumer.

IP60 likes this.
  13. sks316

sks316 Meloetta, the Melody Pokémon!

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Unova
    Can we please stop complaining about Nintendo porting titles to the Switch and actually contribute to the discussion? Complaining will get you nowhere. This is actually good because, as we all know, the Wii U didn't sell that well. This gives people who didn't own the console a chance to play these games or people who like replaying games (like me) a chance to play through the game again! Unlike some of you, I actually enjoyed this game and I'd be rather excited to see it ported to Nintendo Switch.

The only thing missing IMO is Super Mario Maker.

14. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2017
    United States
    We have the right to criticize. Why can't Nintendo fanboys take negative feedback?
    >Brony
    Opinion discarded

15. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Shota and Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Imagine thinking the Xbox One is the best at anything

DuoForce likes this.
  16. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2017
    United States
    This. Xbox One is the worst system ever. The best setup is PC + PS4.

17. sks316

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Unova
    Because said "negative feedback" is mostly just complaining about ports and not contributing to the discussion.
    And what the fuck is wrong with bronies? We're people too, you know.

18. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    BOTW is a Wii U game.
    I don't have to imagine, it factually is.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

XB1 is the strongest console ever.

You're feelings are irrelevant.

19. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2017
    United States
    What the fuck is wrong with grown men who like TV shows made for little girls? Grown ass men who still watch MLP don't deserve to be taken seriously

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Have fun with you're exclusives! Oh wait....

20. sks316

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Unova
    Let people enjoy what they want to, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. I know people have different opinions, but bronies don't deserve to be mistreated because of what they enjoy, even to the extent that they want to commit suicide. Trust me, there are worse people in the world that deserve your hate.