Gaming Insane Pokemon Diamond Fake (Uncaught for 9 years)

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
https://imgur.com/a/tpmWd

The image above was a fake copy caught.

So I can possibly inform others how to determine that very promising looking copy is fake, here I go.

1 - Black Stripe, usually never bothered to be done by fakers, but this one was. But heres the catch, the Red stripe was still used up until 2009~ and the game came out in 2007. X
2 - Back of Game, Bottom left, "Published by Tetris Inc." and it misspelled Merchant St. X
3 - Back of Game, Far Bottom Left, Copyright Nintendo 2005-2006, Wut?, Game came out in 2007, it should be 1995-2007. X
4 - Back of Game, Far Bottom Left, Next to Copyright, Theres no space between next text, and says Developed by AlphaDream, you know, the team behind Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story LOL. X
5 - Back of Game, Far Bottom Right, The NTR-****-*** Title Code is for Tetris Party Deluxe. X
6 - And here's a kicker, the Barcode is for a Donkey Kong game.

The front is pretty much bang on though, seems to be printed exactly the same quality.
This wasn't spotted by the owner for 9 whole years! What sucks is he got suckered into buying from the same dude what it seems like many years ago for a few Pokemon Pearl and others too :(

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm pretty sure that the red warning about flashcards wasn't around in 2007.
that warning is real, it's not about flashcarts tough.
its about cheating devices like gameshark (which theese games tried to have a protection against it, using a checksum in the save)

most of my gen 4 games had a red nintendo stripe, while the gen 5 ones had had the black one. the color of the seal doesn't mean much, it can mean it's an early or late copy (or even refurbished copy)

could you show the cart, does it have signs of being fake or is a really good fake?

Last edited by migles,
Reactions: Deleted User

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
that warning is real, it's not about flashcarts tough.
its about cheating devices like gameshark (which theese games tried to have a protection against it, using a checksum in the save)

most of my gen 4 games had a red nintendo stripe, while the gen 5 ones had had the black one. the color of the seal doesn't mean much, it can mean it's an early or late copy (or even refurbished copy)

could you show the cart, does it have signs of being fake or is a really good fake?
Basically the reason gen 5 seemed to have black is because they moved to black around 2009, before 2009 it was always red stripe or none at all.
I dont have the cart its not actually my copy, He hasnt opened it for obvious reasons for 9 years, He might be selling it to me for cheap and if so, ill buy it and see whats in it if anything at all KEK

Virdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Box art isn't sparkling. That's the biggest sign that you missed. I have seen a lot of those fake pokemon games. Also really easy to tell if the game is fake is to shake it. If you can feel some movements in cartridge, then it's REAL. Only real cartridges seems to have a little bit of space inside cartridges for some reason.

Reactions: Deleted User

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was duped with fake Gen 3 games, and for a long time, I bought into a Platinum cart. It came in without a case, it worked perfectly fine, no issues, until I got a save dongle, that NDS Adapter Plus. It wouldn't read the game unless I jiggled it and held it in a certain place, long enough for the save to be backed up. Thought nothing of it, got an R4 card to do the save backup, as it was easier and the NDS Backup Tool immediately recognized the cart.

In mid 2016, 2 years after buying this, I found out it was pirated. I can't remember how I found out, I think I was reading a post here or somewhere about someone showing their DS cart being fake. I compared between that and other Gen 4 games and noticed the sticker had different bottom left corners, rounded was the fake, straight and sharp was real. The text on the back of the cart was slightly different, but because I never compared the cart with another one before, I just assumed it was fine. I bought another cart and the final nail in the coffin is that TWLSaveTool can't read it, so I don't play on it anymore.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Box art isn't sparkling. That's the biggest sign that you missed. I have seen a lot of those fake pokemon games. Also really easy to tell if the game is fake is to shake it. If you can feel some movements in cartridge, then it's REAL. Only real cartridges seems to have a little bit of space inside cartridges for some reason.
That seems to be lighting, he took a pic of a real one, and that one isnt really sparkling either, but its definitely lighting.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was duped with fake Gen 3 games, and for a long time, I bought into a Platinum cart. It came in without a case, it worked perfectly fine, no issues, until I got a save dongle, that NDS Adapter Plus. It wouldn't read the game unless I jiggled it and held it in a certain place, long enough for the save to be backed up. Thought nothing of it, got an R4 card to do the save backup, as it was easier and the NDS Backup Tool immediately recognized the cart.

In mid 2016, 2 years after buying this, I found out it was pirated. I can't remember how I found out, I think I was reading a post here or somewhere about someone showing their DS cart being fake. I compared between that and other Gen 4 games and noticed the sticker had different bottom left corners, rounded was the fake, straight and sharp was real. The text on the back of the cart was slightly different, but because I never compared the cart with another one before, I just assumed it was fine. I bought another cart and the final nail in the coffin is that TWLSaveTool can't read it, so I don't play on it anymore.
My official real Pokemon DS is rounded on corners, my first one I bought from tesco new in 2007 was rounded aswell, so I dont think thats why?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: